XF 1.1 Limit number of items returned from feed

EasyTarget

Is there any way to limit the number of items the registered feed posts?

I really only want it to post 1 or 2 items per day. And when it cycles around I want it to grab the latest 1 or 2 items, so it may need to skip 5 or 10 items.

If I'm right it only grabs about 5 items at a time anyway. So you could set the time for checking for new feeds to be pulled in at every 12 hours (maximum setting allowed). Then you would at most only get 10 feeds pulled in a day. Not 100% sure on that, but I did take notice when pulling feeds in from the BBC news it seems only 5 at a time gets pulled on checking.

If I'm right it only grabs about 5 items at a time anyway. So you could set the time for checking for new feeds to be pulled in at every 12 hours (maximum setting allowed). Then you would at most only get 10 feeds pulled in a day. Not 100% sure on that, but I did take notice when pulling feeds in from the BBC news it seems only 5 at a time gets pulled on checking.
Yes, I know it will pull a max of 5, and twice a day is too often also. Really only want 1 or 2 items per day.
It's kind of funny they have everything set up but they didn't implement it.
in the file XenForo --> Model --> Feed.php
26: protected static $_maxEntriesPerImport = 5;

and then they have the fx
409: protected function _limitEntries(array $entries, $maxEntries = 0)

Shouldn't be a huge leap for them to implement item limitations.

I suppose your looking for a proper feature fix on this one, but for now could you not just change that $_maxEntriesPerImport = 5; to (1) instead and then import every 12 hours..

Top Bottom