Add-on Limit certain forums to one thread/image per 24hrs

Hi all,

I am in the process of building a photography forum and would like to set the Photo Sharing sections of the forum to only allowing members to post one new thread per 24 hours, and only put one image upload or embed in that thread - with the idea being to stop members posting too many images at once, and making them choose more carefully what they post by only being able to do one image every 24 hours.

The rest of the forum (i.e. everything but the photo sharing areas) do not need these restrictions.

Is this something that could be done by anyone here as I don't have the first clue how to go about creating an add-on!

Thank you in advance :)

Hi all,

I am in the process of building a photography forum and would like to set the Photo Sharing sections of the forum to only allowing members to post one new thread per 24 hours, and only put one image upload or embed in that thread - with the idea being to stop members posting too many images at once, and making them choose more carefully what they post by only being able to do one image every 24 hours.

The rest of the forum (i.e. everything but the photo sharing areas) do not need these restrictions.

Is this something that could be done by anyone here as I don't have the first clue how to go about creating an add-on!

Thank you in advance :)

I have coded a mod that will set a limit on threads on daily basis. You can see it here.

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/daily-threads-limit.41/

Top Bottom