Add-on Likes and Quotes being enabled in report center

Phases

Our staff is having a hard time in the report center since moving to XF because we used the likes feature as sort of bulk-less voting mechanism. Some toe stepping and our team cohesiveness is breaking down a bit.

We have 30 or so mods, plus 50 or so guides (kinda mini mods) so.. it was real convenient to kinda do things like that.

We would most appreciate quotes and likes being enabled in the report center. If there is a add-on for this I'm not seeing, please do let me know! :D If not.. I would like to request an add-on for this.

Phases, androidforums.com

Last edited:
You could use the Sende reports to forum option in the ACP under User Discouragement and Discipline. This disables the Report Center and reports are instead sent to a forum. You can the use quotes, likes and other forum functionality.

The major issue with sending reports to a forum, is it sends every report about a piece of content to a new thread rather than adding them to the same thread.

Yes, but the report center has many obvious improvements over the old style forum usage that we'd like to continue to take advantage of. The report center is great and a welcomed long needed improvement in forum functionality so I'd hate to stop using it.

Thank you for the replies :) Let's hope someone beats us to developing an add on for it. We have so much going on there's no way I can get our devs time for this for... well, a long time.

Thank you for the replies :) Let's hope someone beats us to developing an add on for it. We have so much going on there's no way I can get our devs time for this for... well, a long time.
I'm working on an addon which implements some improvements to the Report Center.

The biggest aspect is implementing sane paging(10000 open reports isn't an issue!), but that requires compatibility shims for non-XenForo report types due to how it re-implements permissions checks.

Last edited:
I hope to see an "advanced reports center" add on created sometime. Here is some feedback from staff and really, I see the reasoning behind all of it:

1. You can't like posts in reports, which sounds trivial but was quite important to our previous workflow.
  2. You can't quote posts in reports, which makes complex discussions awkward.
  3. Indeed, you can't use any bbcode/html/etc formatting in reports. (wysiwyg?)
  4. You can't search the reports section for anything except reported user's names, making things rather difficult
  5. You can't 'watch' a report like you would a thread. So you don't get notifications for replies or changes to report status. There's not even the blue icon indicator for unread posts. This makes it really awkward to follow what's going on in there unless you're going in regularly and checking every thread in there.
  6. You can't modify thread titles in the same way that we used to. You can still mark things as FAO, by assigning them, but I personally found these markings very useful. The novel, interesting and important reports stood out from the 100 other 'move this thread' reports.
  7. You can't comment in a report that is closed without reopening it. I can see the logic in this, but in practice it is not helpful.

..all of this can be solved by using the "create thread in forum" feature instead of the RC but, the report center - as mentioned - has a number of benefits we'd rather not lose. Hate to have to pick between the two.

Note: Ultimately I decided to post this list as feedback in a more general "xenforo feedback / suggestions" section as I feel its better suited for built in functionality - if someone would like to close this one on that note, I understand.

Last edited:
Top Bottom