XF 1.1 Lightbox images in posts from a feed?

danielwerner

Hi,

I have a problem. I use the (otherwise excellent) rss feed-function to automatically create posts in a specific forum, imported from a Wordpress blog.

The problem is that the images (hotlinked to the blog) are not lightboxed. Instead the image links open in a new window. Not a huge concern, but it would be nice to have the lightbox working in this case too.

Can this be fixed (preferably without manually fixing all wordpress image classes)?

Thanks!

The lightbox can only be triggered by attached files in thumbnail view.
In that case, I'd like this to be moved to the Suggestions-forum, because I think it would be a great feature. :) If it is a reasonable change, that is, I wouldn't know if there is some technological limit which makes it impossible.

Thanks!

It has been suggested before and rejected as it's not possible to know from a URL whether it is an image or not.
But in this case, it's posted as an image (I'm guessing it takes the HTML since it's posted from the feed). It's just hosted on another site. So if Xenforo can post it as an image, it could also be lightboxed, right?

Hotlinked images can show in the lightbox but they can't trigger the lightbox.
So if I understand correctly: If a normal lightbox-trigger, which would be a thumbnail attachment, is placed in the post, you could still get to the other hotlinked images via the next/previous buttons?

Anyway, could THIS be fixed then? :) I'm no coder, but it shouldn't be impossible to make hotlinked files trigger the lightbox too.

Top Bottom