Light Pearl [Deleted]

Osman updated Light Pearl with a new update entry:

With the release of the XenForo 2.1.6 version, we are pleased to offer our valued customers a quick update to our themes.

This version has been updated on the theme frame and plugin. It has been specifically updated on the plugin that comes with the theme.

The updates are outlined below.
  • Theme plugin has been updated. Now for double-column forums, images can be uploaded directly. You don't need to enter a picture path for this.
  • Possible conflicts between plug-ins have been...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Osman

Is it a common trend for you to copy other style author's work on here? Just curious as I spotted you copying our exact JS function before... and now you're copying our exact search setup. I mean it's just HTML and CSS in the end but it's really getting silly at this point. Like you took my exact approach to our unique search placement, copied the exact HTML and CSS from my style and just changed xb to xm again.

Screenshot_10.webp

xb-searchWrapper -> xm-searchWrapper
xb-search--field -> xm-search--field
form="xbSearch" -> form="xmSearch"
xb-search--submit -> xm-search--submit
xb-search--advance -> xm-search--advance

This is just pathetic, please stop ripping directly from my styles and any other author on here. If you own one of my styles, uninstall it and please let me know your account on my site so I can immediately remove your license. Is this part of your "test phase" like last time? Do you always just steal other's work during a testing phase? What a weird way of developing styles if you ask me.

This resource has been removed and is no longer available. The following reason was provided:
Pending a resolution of the copyright infringement claim, this resource has been removed.

Dear Russ and Chris,

I've already tried contact with Russ Also search bar has been updated as soon as possible.

All controls can make on demo website.
Thank you very much for your understanding and informed.

Dear Russ and Chris,

I've already tried contact with Russ Also search bar has been updated as soon as possible.

All controls can make on demo website.
Thank you very much for your understanding and informed.

Just to be clear, no attempt was made to contact me about the search prior to me calling you out in public.

@Osman this is a disappointing recurrence of a previous infringement and may lead to further action.

@Russ, which styles currently contain code which has been taken from your styles? Just this one, or others?

It was on a few of their styles, I'm guessing they have it as an option in their framework. The demo board looks to be updated with an alternate approach.

Osman, I'm still baffled why you think it's ok to do this in the first place. It's one of those situations where you seem "sorry" because you got caught.

Top Bottom