License

Muchacha

Hi, I am thinking of buying a license, It is not very clear which version is being purchased. could you clarify?
Who owns the license, I mean can I purchase a license to be installed by a friend else on the website for our community group? Can a community group own the license while I pay for it?

1.) If you buy a license you bought all released versions. It is not recommend to use XF1.5 or older for a new installation, because this.

2.) The owner of the license is the buyer. It is not important if you a community, a person or a company. If you buy one license you can install these license on one domain. One license means one installation. If you need are test environment, you can use a second installation but hidden for public.

I hope this was clear enough for you. ;)

Ok, but if I buy, can I pass the, I don't know, link, license ID, ref number to a friend who will download and install it?
Basically I use my credit card, the friend does everything else, for me...

You can buy, download and and give it to your friend for installation.

In your customer menu you can set a couple of forum members to refer these members to your license. For ticket support important.

Ok, but if I buy, can I pass the, I don't know, link, license ID, ref number to a friend who will download and install it?
Basically I use my credit card, the friend does everything else, for me...
I would suggest creating the customer account with an email address associated with the domain - e.g. support@mydomain.com.
That way it is linked with the site, rather than a specific individual.

In your customer menu you can set a couple of forum members to refer these members to your license. For ticket support important.
To clarify, the associated forum users is for forum access only.

It does not grant access to the customer account, nor ticket support.

Is it possible to move the licensed installation from one server to another, how?
Yes it is quite easy to 'move servers' generally. :) I cannot go into the "how to" as a pre-sale question though but it is not generally difficult. SSH (shell/command line) access is not usually needed unless the database is huge either, and besides a 'new' host is normally quite willing to assist with such things if warranted.

I am looking for where to see what license number I am using for my forum. It looks like I have two licenses being used for the same site. I am trying to figure this out so I can launch another forum with the other license but I don't want to do something to cause a conflict with the forum I have online now.

I am looking for where to see what license number I am using for my forum. It looks like I have two licenses being used for the same site. I am trying to figure this out so I can launch another forum with the other license but I don't want to do something to cause a conflict with the forum I have online now.

You have to check your Customer account information, log into that here: https://xenforo.com/customers/

It's a separate login to your @ForumLover community account.

You have to check your Customer account information, log into that here: https://xenforo.com/customers/

It's a separate login to your @ForumLover community account.
I think what he is referring to is so that he can assign the correct license number to the correct domain.
He's inquiring where to find the correct license number in the currently active domain so he can set the other license up for the new domain.
It's one of the reasons that you need to update the license information each time you change it to being used on a different domain. I'm sure that there is a monitoring ability that XF uses.
@ForumLover, if you still have active ticket support enter a quick ticket as I'm sure they can tell you which license is associated with the active site/domain.

Top Bottom