License transfer with update and rights possibility

Good evening,

a colleague would like to give me his XenForo forum license, but I have 3 small important questions.

1. the license was bought in January 2015, is it still possible to upgrade to the latest version for 55$?
2. is a transfer to my account possible?
3. if the license was transferred to me, do I have full rights as if I had purchased it myself?

I would appreciate feedback.

With kind regards
Maximilian Rupp

Ask the license holder to submit a ticket and we can confirm whether it can be transferred.

If it can, you will then be contacted to accept the transfer and advised of the conditions.
Thanks for the answer, but unfortunately not all my questions were answered. What about a transfer, do I have full rights afterwards like a normal customer who buys the license directly? That means full forum rights and rights to buy plugins and styles? Is the update possible for 55$, even though the license is 5 years old?

Last edited:
What about a transfer, do I have full rights afterwards like a normal customer who buys the license directly? That means full forum rights and rights to buy plugins and styles?
Yeah, though you lose the right to transfer the license again as licenses may only be transferred once.

Is the update possible for 55$, even though the license is 5 years old?
Only active licenses may be transferred, so it will need to be renewed first. The renewal price is not contingent on the expiry date, so it will still be $55 for one year of updates from the date of renewal.

Top Bottom