XF 2.2 License renewal

FTL

My first license renewal is due soon (how time flies).

I'm wondering, if I made the payment now, will the money be taken now, or only once the time is actually extended just after the expiry date of the first year? In other words, does it work like Amazon where they only take the money once the item ships, not when the order is placed.

I have some additional questions about license extensions.

Does Xenforo typically send a renewal reminder email, tickling the licensee to renew, or do I have to remember the expiration date?

How far in advance can I purchase an extension? For example, could I buy two or more years of extensions all at once or one right after another? (I suppose I might do this to avoid possible price increases or so I can just forget about renewals for a few years.)

My first license renewal is due soon (how time flies).

I'm wondering, if I made the payment now, will the money be taken now, or only once the time is actually extended just after the expiry date of the first year? In other words, does it work like Amazon where they only take the money once the item ships, not when the order is placed.
Please clarify...
My Xenforo license expires December 20, 2022.
If I renew my license today, July 3, 2022 for 1 year (approximately 6 months prior to expiration) on what date would my license expire?

Please clarify...
If I renew my license today, July 3, 2022 for 1 year (approximately 6 months prior to expiration) on what date would my license expire?
December 20, 2023 in that scenario.

If you renew early, your new expiry is a year from the upcoming expiry date.

If you renew late, i.e. after the expiry date, as I did this year, then the expiry is one year from the purchase date.

If you renew multiple, the first one is per above, the second is one year from that one, and so on.

Reactions: GW2
Please clarify...
Expires 20.12.23, but payment taken now.

Reactions: GW2
To take advantage of the December 2023 self-hosted license renewal sale pricing, I'd like to purchase multiple one-year renewals in advance, but the customer cart seems only to accept a renewal order for one year. Is there not a way to increase the number of renewals ordered in the cart, or do I have to complete separate one-year renewal purchases one after the other?

Top Bottom