LAX closed.. one TSA agent dead a second injured.

I knew Los Angeles to be a dangerous city, but I didn't think someone would do something like this. Crazy.

I knew Los Angeles to be a dangerous city, but I didn't think someone would do something like this. Crazy.

In all honesty, it can happen in any airport in the United States or the world.

My understanding is that within 5 minutes, LA World Airports Police were present, and containing the situation. Within the first few moments of the shooting, everyone hit the ground, and that anything within Terminal 3 that could be locked down, was locked down including lounges.

One fatality is one too many, however given the type of weapons he had and amount of ammunition, the number of causalities and fatalities could have been potentially much higher. Props to Law Enforcement who contained that situation in such a tense moment.

California in general is crazy to live in. Every time I travel out of state or out of the country for work I breathe a sigh of relief. I can literally feel my mind unwind and the tension go away. Sad to hear about that TSA agent. Surprises me a little this wacko was able to get through so much preliminary security.

Crazy and sad, indeed.

Los Angeles has gritty parts, for sure, but it's not really any more dangerous than other cities of its size, if not more safe.

California in general is crazy to live in. Every time I travel out of state or out of the country for work I breathe a sigh of relief. I can literally feel my mind unwind and the tension go away. Sad to hear about that TSA agent. Surprises me a little this wacko was able to get through so much preliminary security.
How so? It's only the crowded cities that are crazy, like San Francisco, and Los Angeles. I've been to both on many occasions - in fact, I live a little close to San Francisco, but not in the area. I live on the peninsula where it's calm, and nice - the only drawback is that there isn't many job opportunities here (where I live).

I live in LA County and make a 4x a week commute through the LA area to work in Newport. The only easy areas of California are the ones further inland. You're from RWC, right?

Los Angeles the city is within the county of Los Angeles County. Los Angeles county in general is made up of many hectic cities. Orange county comes up in 2nd with Irvine being the most hectic and Newport after it. San Diego, Calabasas, San Jose, etc. are quite hectic based on my personal experiences in those cities. Having traveled to RWC and similar cities has always been relaxing, apart from the wine vineyards and craft breweries, the good food, etc.

I live in LA County and make a 4x a week commute through the LA area to work in Newport. The only easy areas of California are the ones further inland. You're from RWC, right?
Yep. :cool:
Los Angeles the city is within the county of Los Angeles County. Los Angeles county in general is made up of many hectic cities. Orange county comes up in 2nd with Irvine being the most hectic and Newport after it. San Diego, Calabasas, San Jose, etc. are quite hectic based on my personal experiences in those cities. Having traveled to RWC and similar cities has always been relaxing, apart from the wine vineyards and craft breweries, the good food, etc.
That's what I was saying. :) Anywhere between Milbrae to San Jose is usually a calm drive, walk, or whatever. I do understand L.A. and surrounding cities are chock full of hectic areas. It's like Los Angeles County is like it's own country. The whole area is like a bunch of cities stitched together to create a busy county. Traveling in L.A. is a nightmare whether you're driving, walking, taking a bus/train - and I have done all of them.

The only thing I wish was San Jose being switched around to the Foster City/Redwood Shores area - mostly because of the atmosphere - not talking about gangs, violence kind of atmosphere, but the corporate atmosphere. Nightlife, restaurants, concert-like events, amusement parks, San Jose has everything. Mountain View is somewhat similar, but it's confusing as it is. The highlight of Mt. View is: It has one of the busiest nightlife, downtown areas that I've ever seen.

It's like this: If you owned a bar or restaurant in Mt. View's Downtown, you would be making an easy $500,000 per month.

Last edited:
Traveling in L.A. is a nightmare whether you're driving, walking, taking a bus/train - and I have done all of them.

I think it mostly depends on where you're commuting. I'm in Santa Monica, and if I stick to surface streets and the West LA area, it's not too bad. Doesn't hurt that just about anything I need is within 5 miles of my home too. The freeways are definitely a nightmare, you can't get anywhere between 7-9am and 3-7pm. The bay area isn't much better though, imo.

The only thing I wish was San Jose being switched around to the Foster City/Redwood Shores area - mostly because of the atmosphere - not talking about gangs, violence kind of atmosphere, but the corporate atmosphere. Nightlife, restaurants, concert-like events, amusement parks, San Jose has everything. Mountain View is somewhat similar, but it's confusing as it is. The highlight of Mt. View is: It has one of the busiest nightlife, downtown areas that I've ever seen.

It's like this: If you owned a bar or restaurant in Mt. View's Downtown, you would be making an easy $500,000 per month.

I loved Mountain View. It's a pleasant area, but the cost of living is high, even for Bay Area standards. Rent is insane. I doubt there's many mom & pop restaurants pulling in a huge profit unless they own their space. I'm now at the Venice office for the company I work for (living next door in Santa Monica), making the same as what I made in Mountain View but with a higher standard of living after cost.

In most cases it's cheaper to buy land on the coast of Cali to build a business centered building than it is to sign a building lease. Not incredibly cheaper, but cheaper.

Top Bottom