Latest Posts mod that works?

Recent posts/latest posts to go in a sidebar and show the latest posts.

Its a simple enough add-on available for every forum software I can think off, there is one in the add-on section by ragtek but it has 8 pages of problems/additions/ammendments/discussion and I have no idea whether it would work at all. Is there another? How many installs etc I really am looking forward to a decent resource section for xF, at the moment, looking for add-ons, that are confirmed to work with the latest version of xF etc. Using a regular forum for that just sucks:(

I got a standalone one custom made because I didn't want the frameworks interfering with other blocks in the sidebar. The latest two blocks I have have options to not include sticky or closed topics in the latest x list. the add-on didn't take long to make so I'm sure somebody may create a standalone w/o framework.

The only issues we had with it is that you can only place the latest blocks (without trickery) to the start or end of the blocks since there are no hook placements introduced in between which I've requested to be added in the hook thread.

Widget framework provides the latest threads, which I think is a better traffic builder for forums that are getting some traffic. If you restrict it to just the posts, you may have a bunch on one thread, but other busy threads don't get enough attention and may be ignored.

Widget framework provides the latest threads, which I think is a better traffic builder for forums that are getting some traffic. If you restrict it to just the posts, you may have a bunch on one thread, but other busy threads don't get enough attention and may be ignored.
I use Tenshi - Latest Thread for threads so they are no latests posts adon besides ragtek?

I tried that one, and found it inflexible and buggy. Indeed, my complaints were voiced in the thread devoted to that add-on back in November, and it doesn't seem as if anyone bothered to respond. With widget framework, you have full flexibility of positioning in the sidebar, the title for the feature, and the number of recent threads you want to display. As I recall the Tenshi - Latest Thread was locked in a single position towards the bottom of the sidebar, not to mention that problem with Alerts.

I tried that one, and found it inflexible and buggy. Indeed, my complaints were voiced in the thread devoted to that add-on back in November, and it doesn't seem as if anyone bothered to respond. With widget framework, you have full flexibility of positioning in the sidebar, the title for the feature, and the number of recent threads you want to display. As I recall the Tenshi - Latest Thread was locked in a single position towards the bottom of the sidebar, not to mention that problem with Alerts.
I tryed widget now and latest Threads work verry god but i dont really understand this is it only latest threads that work for widget and not latests post?

Top Bottom