Last post question

dash

When a user is signed in they can click on the time of the last post to jump to the last post instead of opening the beginning of the thread. However this doesn't work for guests. Any way to enable this for guests?

Actually clicking on the time of the last post jumps to the last post not the last unread post. Hence I don't understand why this can't work for guests.

Without knowing the reasoning, I am betting this was included to not display it to robots, but don't quote me on that. However, if you'd like to change the functionality, you can find this in thread_list_item:
HTML:
                <dd class="muted"><a{xen:if '{$visitor.user_id}', ' href="{xen:link posts, $thread.lastPostInfo}" title="{xen:phrase go_to_last_message}"'} class="dateTime"><xen:datetime time="$thread.lastPostInfo.post_date" /></a></dd>

Replace it with this to continue to hide it from robots (note that this is untested code):
HTML:
                <dd class="muted"><a{xen:if '!{$visitor.robotInfo}', ' href="{xen:link posts, $thread.lastPostInfo}" title="{xen:phrase go_to_last_message}"'} class="dateTime"><xen:datetime time="$thread.lastPostInfo.post_date" /></a></dd>

Or with this to show it to every one:
HTML:
                <dd class="muted"><a href="{xen:link posts, $thread.lastPostInfo}" title="{xen:phrase go_to_last_message}" rel="nofollow" class="dateTime"><xen:datetime time="$thread.lastPostInfo.post_date" /></a></dd>

Last edited:
Top Bottom