Language/Domains Query

moos3h

Hey guys,

Sorry if this is a silly query, I have been tasked by my Businesses owner to look at upgrading our vB4 forum and bring it up to date. The option that has appealed to me the most is XFv2 but he has asked me to look into this specific feature he wants on the new forum.

Our website has just changed to a multi-language domain based system, each domain is linked to a specific language and location variant e.g. company.fr goes to french page with our french email and french phone numbers, same for German, Dutch, Spanish etc etc.

Long story short is it possible to have XenForo go to separate forums based on language? Or filter threads based on language? e.g. company.forum.fr will go to french content, company.forum.uk will be english etc etc.

There isn't anything like this built in -- it would very likely require a fair amount of custom development to do that.

The other approach would be separate installations per language, which is something at least a few of our customers do (though note that this would definitively require a license per installation).

Top Bottom