Add-on Lame Users

DRE

In most forums there are users that are annoying but not enough to put on an ignore list. Sometimes people forget they are annoying and end up getting trolled. To help prevent users from getting trolled they should be given the ability to mark users as 'Lame'. We should be able to do this in our account settings. Once we add them then underneath our posts where it says our username the date, this addon would say 'Lame' or 'Troll' then the date. Once users can mark trolls as 'Lame', users will be reminded not to take any of their posts seriously. No one else should see that they've been marked lame, just the user who marked them.

For example: Sheldon,Today at 9:54 AM, Report
Would be: Sheldon (Lame),Today at 9:54 AM, Report

Extra (not necessary): When we see the user's name on our Lame list, there should be a link to the post that we've marked them as lame in.

Extra (not necessary): Our list of lames could be shown on our profile page but as a privacy option, (public, private, only followed users can view, only users we followed can view).

Random: This addon would be perfect to use in conjunction with @Syndol bookmark addon because not only can we mark a user as Lame we'd be able to bookmark all the posts that got him on our Lame list. We can create a bookmark prefix called Lame and add their troll posts there.

Miscellaneous: This addon sorta does what I want but only the admin can mark a user.

Last edited:
Seems like an enormous amount of effort over someone who you just don't like... if they are that bad, the ignore feature works better. Just seems like a HUGE list of ideas for something that boils down to one user being able to make fun of another user.

Seems like an enormous amount of effort over someone who you just don't like... if they are that bad, the ignore feature works better. Just seems like a HUGE list of ideas for something that boils down to one user being able to make fun of another user.
Nah it's not even for others to see. It's just for the user to see to remind themselves not to get trolled by that lame user because even trolls post valuable information from time to time. Problem is they try to take advantage of the situation to use it to troll.

If you, as the user, know someone is a troll, I am almost certain you'd remember their name. Not sure why you'd need an add-on to remind you...

I don't think it was that huge of a list. Just being able to mark them would be good enough for me. I don't need to have to save the posts that made me mark them as lame. I've marked those other suggestions as 'Extra / Not necessary'.

Last edited:
If you, as the user, know someone is a troll, I am almost certain you'd remember their name. Not sure why you'd need an add-on to remind you...
I'm a member of three huge xenforo message boards that have a ton of trolls. I cannot remember all of them and none of the trolling is serious enough to put them on ignore. The problem with trolls on huge message boards is that they do really horrible things to other users and are extremely rude to noobs. Sometimes we forget who did what to who because it wasn't done to us. If we could mark them as lame then when those horrible users try to buddy up with you we'll be forewarned.

I like the idea of users being able to basically make a note of users that only they see.
Thanks. I'm considering paying for it's development if anyone would consider developing it but first I would like to see if anyone else likes this idea. I'll post this suggestion on your site too while I'm at it. I feel like the only people who wouldn't like this is trolls.

I'm not going to be working on any add ons for a while. Super busy with XR. After that I recently thought of some great ides for the hash tagging add on that I'd like to implement. We have digressed though.

I'm not going to be working on any add ons for a while. Super busy with XR. After that I recently thought of some great ides for the hash tagging add on that I'd like to implement. We have digressed though.
Hey that's cool. I don't even mind. I'm just putting the idea out there before I forget. I did make a thread though describing ideas for a free or cheap version of it and ideas for the paid or premium version of it. http://xenmods.com/threads/lame-users.196/ I used to hit you up alot with requests but I've been busy playing GTA Online or else I'd be pushing this idea hardcore lol.

It's a funny and potentially useful feature, but why not put a big "troll" stamp right on their avatar to make it more visible.

Top Bottom