laggy, double post in one section only

Brandon Sheley

I've been trying to figure out a problem I'm having on one of my forums and it seems to only happen in one section which is really weird.
http://general-forums.com/forums/general-discussions.20/
I've already removed the nicer style we're using and changed the color on the default one.
I've also removed damn near all the mods I did have, these are what we're currently running

LeafNet Blog 1.0.0 Beta 3
Simple Sitemap 1.02
Stop Forum Spam v1.0.1
Tapatalk 1.1.1
XF Arcade 0.0.2
[8wayRun.Com] XenMedio (Media) 1.3.7
[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal) 1.5.0
[bd] Tag Me 1.0

I've ran the file check and everything comes back clear, I also recently upgraded and we're still getting reports.
I've checked the forum premissions and everything should be good.

What happens, and it may only be doing the quick reply..
is when a post is made, we see the loading bar at the top right and the site just hangs.
Sometimes if a user hits refresh or submit again, thinking it didn't go through, it double post.

So if anyone has any ideas, I'm game?

Thanks
-Brandon

Check your error log:

Admin CP -> Tools -> Server Error Log

Anything?

I have seen this problem be the result of a failed SMTP connection. Posting a reply can trigger notification emails to be sent. If the SMTP connection is failing then it can manifest as posting lag, but only in threads that have email subscribers.

I see several of these errors

1. Mysqli statement execute error : Prepared statement needs to be re-prepared Today at 7:07 AM - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214
  2. Delete...
    Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'session.session_id' in 'order clause' Today at 6:51 AM - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77
Also I just checked my email settings and they are the same as my other forum and AFAIK have been working correctly.

Mysqli statement execute error : Prepared statement needs to be re-prepared Today at 7:07 AM - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214

This is a server problem. See this thread:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/error-on-install.17901/

Does the stack trace for the error indicate that it is from a posting attempt? If the error happens when making a post then that may explain the original problem.

Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'session.session_id' in 'order clause' Today at 6:51 AM - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77

Can you post the full error including stack trace?

Admin CP -> Tools -> Server Error Log

Click on an error and it will reveal the full stack trace.
Thanks.

Code:
#0 /home/genforms/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(115): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare('?????SELECT gam...')
#1 /home/genforms/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php(381): Zend_Db_Statement->__construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), '?????SELECT gam...')
#2 /home/genforms/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(478): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare('?????SELECT gam...')
#3 /home/genforms/public_html/library/XenForo/Model.php(218): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('?????SELECT gam...', Array, 2)
#4 /home/genforms/public_html/library/Arcade/Model/Game.php(201): XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed('?????SELECT gam...', 'game_id')
#5 /home/genforms/public_html/library/Arcade/Model/Game.php(225): Arcade_Model_Game->getGames(Array, Array)
#6 /home/genforms/public_html/library/Arcade/ControllerPublic/ArcadeUgly.php(109): Arcade_Model_Game->getGame(Array, Array)
#7 /home/genforms/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(310): Arcade_ControllerPublic_ArcadeUgly->actionCoreBurn()
#8 /home/genforms/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#9 /home/genforms/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#10 {main}

I've been trying to figure out a problem I'm having on one of my forums and it seems to only happen in one section which is really weird.
http://general-forums.com/forums/general-discussions.20/
I've already removed the nicer style we're using and changed the color on the default one.
I've also removed damn near all the mods I did have, these are what we're currently running

LeafNet Blog 1.0.0 Beta 3
Simple Sitemap 1.02
Stop Forum Spam v1.0.1
Tapatalk 1.1.1
XF Arcade 0.0.2
[8wayRun.Com] XenMedio (Media) 1.3.7
[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal) 1.5.0
[bd] Tag Me 1.0

I've ran the file check and everything comes back clear, I also recently upgraded and we're still getting reports.
I've checked the forum premissions and everything should be good.

What happens, and it may only be doing the quick reply..
is when a post is made, we see the loading bar at the top right and the site just hangs.
Sometimes if a user hits refresh or submit again, thinking it didn't go through, it double post.

So if anyone has any ideas, I'm game?

Thanks
-Brandon

If i'm correct i'm on the same server as you and the members, myself have been experiencing the same issues. I put it down to the e-mail transport method option i was using and moved it back to default which seems to have fixed it. Then again, I've hardly posted at my forum to give this a thorough test and eliminate that as the cause.

Your not on the the same server host as AWS by chance? I pointed out to him last week at Admin Addict, that when making posts at times, or even editing them. They hang sometimes after hitting submit, you have to do a hard refresh to see it was actually submitted and posted. Otherwise you'll get a double post if you hit the submit button again while hanging and it get displayed right away the second time around. He uses IPB though, not XenForo. So just wondering if he might also be on the same server host as you Brandon, seeing as your both from the states.

The problem sounds very similar and doesn't happen with every posts either. Very hit and miss!

EDIT: Ah! I see it was solved, game add-on causing it.

So I haven't changed anything on the site in months and now users are hitting this error again.
Our host did have some downtime the last 2 days, so I'm not sure if something was broken during that?

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
Zend_Mail_Protocol_Exception: Connection timed out - library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Abstract.php:277
Generated By: Brandon, Today at 5:04 PM
Stack Trace

#0 /home/genforms/public_html/library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Smtp.php(167): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Abstract->_connect('tcp://mail.gene...')
#1 /home/genforms/public_html/library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Smtp.php(199): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Smtp->connect()
#2 /home/genforms/public_html/library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Abstract.php(348): Zend_Mail_Transport_Smtp->_sendMail()
#3 /home/genforms/public_html/library/Zend/Mail.php(1194): Zend_Mail_Transport_Abstract->send(Object(Zend_Mail))
#4 /home/genforms/public_html/library/XenForo/Mail.php(170): Zend_Mail->send()
#5 /home/genforms/public_html/library/XenForo/Mail.php(145): XenForo_Mail->sendMail(Object(Zend_Mail))
#6 /home/genforms/public_html/library/XenForo/Mail.php(197): XenForo_Mail->send('ekkehard@ekkeha...', 'Monster', Array, '', '', '')
#7 /home/genforms/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/ThreadWatch.php(234): XenForo_Mail->queue('ekkehard@ekkeha...', 'Monster')
#8 /home/genforms/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/Post.php(108): XenForo_Model_ThreadWatch->sendNotificationToWatchUsersOnReply(Array, NULL, Array)
#9 /home/genforms/public_html/library/bdTagMe/DataWriter/DiscussionMessagePost.php(110): XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post->_postSaveAfterTransaction()
#10 /home/genforms/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1399): bdTagMe_DataWriter_DiscussionMessagePost->_postSaveAfterTransaction()
#11 /home/genforms/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(504): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#12 /home/genforms/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(310): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionAddReply()
#13 /home/genforms/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#14 /home/genforms/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#15 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(49) "http://general-forums.com/threads/35358/add-reply"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(8) {
    ["message_html"] => string(15) "<p>test....</p>"
    ["_xfRelativeResolver"] => string(40) "http://general-forums.com/threads/35358/"
    ["attachment_hash"] => string(32) "ade24a7b5494a2c1bd66178a90f05d74"
    ["last_date"] => string(10) "1333165973"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(53) "1,1333209797,e5f8af55c7516a10cdcd2cdedec271638014dfc7"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(15) "/threads/35358/"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

any ideas?

Curious looking at your code posted, what gives with the strange email address listed two times.

#6 /home/genforms/public_html/library/XenForo/Mail.php(197): XenForo_Mail->send('ekkehard@ekkeha...', 'Monster', Array, '', '', '')
#7 /home/genforms/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/ThreadWatch.php(234): XenForo_Mail->queue('ekkehard@ekkeha...', 'Monster')

Have you tried (I mentioned previously) changing the e-mail transport method back to default? this was an issue I was getting and to be honest it's really quite irritating considering all registrations (signing up through gmail) the e-mails are being sent into the spam folder.

That said, whenever I had it set to Smtp to counteract the sending of regged e-mails being sent to spam I got the server timeout and people thinking their posts never submitted thus they submitted again causing the double posting I saw.

I don't understand why people tend to use SMTP and Gmail over using default PHP mail myself. What I do is create a web-server forwarding email address in cPanel called for example: "admin@domain.com", then all mail sent on forum to admin@domain.com goes directly to my own Hotmail address instantly using PHP mail method.

I changed that one forum back to default and everything seems to be working correctly.
It's weird that I have 2 forums with basically the same settings, and this one fails out of no where.. I'm guess it has something to do with the recent downtime..

Thanks as always everyone for the help :)

Your probably better contacting them first explaining the forum was working perfect until the server issues started, and things have not been right since. They've not updated PHP version have they to latest one recently released and talked about here in a few threads?

Top Bottom