Lady Luck was with me tonight.

Slavik

XenForo moderator
Staff member
On way back from poker where me and my friend had just won 1st and second places.

Down a road I drive 10 times a week. Coming upto a corner that I know is bad, slowed down as usual, there was some mud on the road and the back end just slid, tried to compensate, bam, round the corner of the road, onto the other side of the road, fliped, hit some guys wall and then rolled over to a stop. Total write off.

Car landed on its wheels, all 3 of us get out completely untouched.

Talk about luck. Shoulda brought a lotto ticket!

Unfortunately my digi cam is tottaled also, so the only pics I could get were with my mobile phone, but the only one which showed up well (as I was, and still am shaking!) is this which shows the wrong of the car.. slightly.. out of shape.

Photo-0006.webp

On way back from poker where me and my friend had just won 1st and second places.

Down a road I drive 10 times a week. Coming upto a corner that I know is bad, slowed down as usual, there was some mud on the road and the back end just slid, tried to compensate, bam, round the corner of the road, onto the other side of the road, fliped, hit some guys wall and then rolled over to a stop. Total write off.

Car landed on its wheels, all 3 of us get out completely untouched.

Talk about luck. Shoulda brought a lotto ticket!

Unfortunately my digi cam is tottaled also, so the only pics I could get were with my mobile phone, but the only one which showed up well (as I was, and still am shaking!) is this which shows the wrong of the car.. slightly.. out of shape.

View attachment 6087

Dang definitely lucky! Shame, now we know where all that poker winnings are going to now -_____-;;;;

Glad to hear your ok...

Had a similar thing when I was about 21... my girlfriend at that time had her learners and we just headed of from Brisbane to Melbourne for the Christmas holidays. About 4am in the morning, just out of Brisbane... she thought she had to turn-off the highway, then jerked the car back as she was wrong, then lost control. I tried grabbing the wheel and compensating it as quick as I could, but we where doing a 100kmh and before I knew it, we went off the over-pass, rolled down it, and landed on the road that went under the bridge, on four wheels, perfectly in the emergency lane and we all just hopped out without any major injuries... a few cuts from broken glass flying around. Everyone thought nobody survived looking at the car, but we all walked away without injury.

I did buy a lotto ticket later that morning... still didn't win... damn it.

Following up on this, went to get my stuff out the car today, its in shocking condition.

The police have taken witnesses statements and say it was a rear wheel slide, which apparently the only way to realistically deal with it in a front wheel drive car is to a) know its coming and compensate or b) hit the breaks hard and hope you get lucky.

They have also said they think because I was going slow around a known danger corner that my driving probably contributed to that none of us were hurt, and as such will not be pursuing dangerous driving / driving without due care.

The guy who's wall I hit had only got it rebuilt the week before after a similar accident, which also was not down to dangerous driving, and as such an investigation by the local council onto the corner will most likely be done and hopefully get it sorted.

All in all, it could have been a LOT worse, and all parties involved have said despite the damages done, the only thing to consider is that nobody was hurt.

Top Bottom