KombiClub Australia Forum

squashlover

I've just migrated this forum from Vb 4.x to Xenforo.

We initially 'upgraded' to VB 5.x and we had numerous issues (speed/missing functionality to name a few) and we had to rollback. After some further research we decided to use Xenforo.

The site is now up and running with no customisations as yet (aside from logo and favicon and url redirects). We intend to do more, but the main job was getting our users onto a stable platform.

http://forums.kombiclub.com

Well done on moving over, there are a lot of ex-vB users here and we're all pleased with XF. You might lose the odd feature here and there but you'll be surprised how quickly your community "forgets" they were there (no-one has mentioned the lack of calendar in mine for over a year!) because the whole experience is better, cleaner and faster.

Thanks, it was a bit of a task - but it was much less hassle than VB was causing. Have found XF support to be good and although the import took a long time it looks like it has worked well.

I only wish I knew about XF before we took the plunge with VB5. The benefit of hindsight.....!

Well done mate.
I am still running my Forum on vB4, there's no real rush for me as everything works fine on my vB 4 site, so for the last few weeks i've ben playing around with my new Xenforo software. Got my skins ready, my add ons ready.
Did a few test imports..all went smoothly
Really good stuff, and can't wait to finally do the real changeover.

There's plenty of add ons to make up for things you might be missing from vB.
I've spent the last week or so finding everything I need, and I think I've just about matched everything i need now.
Oh and a great community here to help all the time

Last edited:
Thanks Joe.

We were having issues with VB4 (spam/duplicate content/pm spam/speed/db issues) so did not really have the luxury. The nightmare with version 5 just served to make things worse and kind of forced our hand. Certainly feel a little less stressed now it is done! :)

Oh, and goodluck with your switch!

We were having issues with VB4 (spam/duplicate content/pm spam/speed/db issues) so did not really have the luxury.
Apart from the speed thing, which isn't too bad for me I don't have any of the above thank god.
There really isn't a huge reason to move away from vB for me, my site looks and works great, but I have been following Xenforo from the start, was not happy with what vB did at the beginning with the guys of Xenforo, and from that day on knew one day I would move to here.
I guess a reason is I can't upgrade to the latest vB 4, too many things will break like my skin, add ons I use and such, things which I have been following and seeing with other who upgraded to the later versions of vB 4.

Also a nice clean slate for my files, I like how simple the files are for Xenforo.
The nightmare with version 5 just served to make things worse and kind of forced our hand.
Well, there was no way I was ever going to touch vB 5, it took long enough for the vB 4 to get as stable as it is, which isn't that stable...

I think you'll be happy here.

Top Bottom