Klocksnack.se - The biggest watch forum in Sweden

Thanks. :)

Maybe I can ask you guys one question. Trying to add smilies ...do I have to add them one by one?

I think so. I think I have seen a mod or something that allows to add bulk smilies btw, but I can not remember the link off the top of my head.

If you want to spice up the smilies Shelley has created some very cool ones.

I think so. I think I have seen a mod or something that allows to add bulk smilies btw, but I can not remember the link off the top of my head.

If you want to spice up the smilies Shelley has created some very cool ones.
Just downloaded those. :)
Adding them now, one boy one...

As a fellow watch forum admin, I have a few suggestions:

1) Break up the main section into different watch categories, re: Rolex, Vintage Rolex, Omega, Panerai, Breitling, Citizen, Casio G-Shock, etc.

2) Break up the shopping area into watches, accessories, etc. Then break up the watch section into different categories...you can do it by brand, budget, etc.

3) Have an off-topic discussion area, so that people will want to stay on the forum and hang out.

How are you monetising the site? Ads? Premium memberships?

As a fellow watch forum admin, I have a few suggestions:

1) Break up the main section into different watch categories, re: Rolex, Vintage Rolex, Omega, Panerai, Breitling, Citizen, Casio G-Shock, etc.

2) Break up the shopping area into watches, accessories, etc. Then break up the watch section into different categories...you can do it by brand, budget, etc.

3) Have an off-topic discussion area, so that people will want to stay on the forum and hang out.

How are you monetising the site? Ads? Premium memberships?

Hi!

We actually discussed breaking up the forum into different brand sections before creating the site.
But... We ended up thinking it was a bad idea, and we was right.

Creating brand sections segregates the users and some sections will have like 100 threads, others 1000 - looks really bad and some brand sections will be "ghost towns".

Same thing goes for trading area. Our current node list works really great for us - we have a wonderful and friendly atmosphere on the page. A lot of GTG's, charity auctions and so on.

Right now, only two companies - a nato band company and then a really respected AD (who invites members to "touch & feel evenings" in the store).

Top Bottom