Kindly look at my awstats record, Is Bandwidth per day normal?

rdn

bd.webp

My Forum consumes, 6GB to 9GB per day.
Who has a forum that is similar to this stats?

I have disabled some feature of xenforo to minimize bandwidth.
Like: Recent Activity, Online User only for Members

I also implemented File Caching with codes added into config.php.

My server has also eAccelerator.
I haven't add any codes into my /library/config.php for eAccelerator to activate.

You should have some idea regarding the amount of images and attachments that are posted on a daily basis. Are they huge?

It realy depends on how much media your site has...

P8ntballer uses about the same as yours, between 6-9gb a day.

Reactions: rdn
I have 1,413 items attachment based on /admin.php?attachments/
Mostly, Images, .txt, mobile apps and games 2MB max file size and below.

Maybe, I will try to disable XF Search Engine and replace it with Google Custom Search.
Would it help reduce bandwidth consumption?

Is most of this from China, Russia and America... (This info is also available in Awastats)

Also, look at how many of the users come from organic searches rather than directly...

If you have a high direct and a high China & Russia & America %, it's quite likely a lot of this comes from Spam Bots

Spam bots take up a considerable amount of bandwidth

I dropped from 1-2 Gig a day down to about 20-100 meg a day after solving the bot resource issue on one of my forums

Maybe, I will try to disable XF Search Engine and replace it with Google Custom Search.
Would it help reduce bandwidth consumption?
I can't see that making any difference to the bandwidth usage, as that is an internal DB search.

In your AWStats, you should be able to get a rough idea of where your bandwidth is going, either by host or bot etc.

Is most of this from China, Russia and America... (This info is also available in Awastats)

Also, look at how many of the users come from search engines rather than directly...

If you have a high direct and a high China & Russia & America %, it's quite likely a lot of this comes from Spam Bots

Spam bots take up a considerable amount of bandwidth

I dropped from 1-2 Gig a day down to about 20-100 meg a day after solving the bot resource issue on one of my forums

Solving the bot resource issue...

Can you point me to that addon?
Is it free?

My number of hits to bandwidth ratio is similar to yours, however I offload all css, js, avatars, and other site images to a CDN. So if those were loaded as well I'd be looking at an even higher ratio than you. Granted I do have a significant amount of attachments (last I'd checked it was into the 5 figures).

It's not free and not to be used on all forums.

Can you PM me your forum url, also can you send me a screen shot of you Awstats or tell me the % of Russia China, it could look something like this:

countries.webp

And the % of organic searches vs direct, it could look something like this:

If it has a similar shape, then you're likely having a large impact from Spam Bots (Or lots of Chinese people visit your forum directly / without the use of search engines or site links)

Also, do you have a lot of human (registered) users online at any one time?

Here you go, countries and access from.

Attachments

• access.webp
    access.webp
    32.6 KB · Views: 17
  • countries.webp
    countries.webp
    56.5 KB · Views: 20
And do you have an active audience / lots of members from the Philippines?

That's a lot of bandwidth being used from that country.

EDIT: Just read your site description

Welcome to the Filipino Community - PHcorner.net

:oops:

Top Bottom