Kimsufi Dedicated Server - KS-3C

countryside

Hello,
Has anyone used Kimsufi before? I know they are owned by OVH, but are they any good? I would use this to host a forum. I just need your opinion on what the best thing to use. I was told my good friend to use them. I wanted to know if anyone else agrees?

Thanks,
Noah

They are decent for cheap servers but somethings can cost. Remember with them you get no control panel and you are in control of the server they are unmanaged which means you need to know how to work on it if something goes wrong. Use to be they only supported the machine itself and network nothing else.
Things to compare to other web host or server companies.

It takes time to manage a server. Do you want managed or Unmanaged.
Control panel or no Control Panel

They are decent for cheap servers but somethings can cost. Remember with them you get no control panel and you are in control of the server they are unmanaged which means you need to know how to work on it if something goes wrong. Use to be they only supported the machine itself and network nothing else.
Things to compare to other web host or server companies.

It takes time to manage a server. Do you want managed or Unmanaged.
Control panel or no Control Panel
What do you mean by managed? What will I have to do now that I do not currently have to do? Currently I only the current control panel to check memory, install OS, and get IP. I leave the rest up to ServerPilot.io...

ServerPilot runs on cloud hosting.

What you are looking at now are dedicated servers VPS servers.

Managed is where if you have a problem you send in a ticket and they help or fix the problem, do updated, or is mysql dies and will no restart they will get it back up.

Unmanaged is as long as the hardware of the server and network are up you are somewhat on your own. You can send in a ticket but they might or might not help you depending on the level of their support.

https://www.singlehop.com/blog/the-differenece-between-managed-and-unmanaged-servers/

Im not familiar with ServerPilot but it look like it only runs on DigitalOcean cloud servers. So I am going to guess no.

Top Bottom