Kickstarter style funding for Xenforo?

SeaDog

Hi,

I was just day dreaming that it would be nice to be able to invest in a company like Xenforo (which I assume it's not?).

Then it occurred to me whether XF have ever considered doing a crowd funding round with a copy of XF 2.0 as the 'prize' - i.e. in the same way 3D printing companies set their first 3D printer. The money raised would be put toward further building up the team, moving to a bigger office, or whatever else is needed. I appreciate that they will get there eventually without a crowd funding round, but it could be accelerated by selling advance copies of 2.0 on something like Kickstarter and ultimately it might bring further awareness to their work, lead to investment, alliances, etc.

This is the suggestions forum and that is my suggestion :)

Cheers

This is the suggestions forum and that is my suggestion :)
It's not a suggestion for the software so I have moved it to the correct forum.

I doubt anything like this will ever take place.
XenForo is not in need of funds and has very recently increased the size of the development team so is progressing fine.

Crowd funding sites such as Kickstarter are very rarely to "speed up" development projects such as this. It is to raise funds to either focus on the project full time (which all 4 already do) to decrease development time or to raise funds to higher more temporary help (which may not be able to be sustained post-crowd fund) or buy material.

I do not see any of the three reasons being suitable for XenForo, so I am with Paul. I highly doubt we will see this and hope that we never do.

XenForo is not in need of funds and has very recently increased the size of the development team so is progressing fine.

Just to clarify - I didn't say or imply it wasn't progressing fine :)

While this technically is a suggestion - perhaps it wasn't the type of suggestion the original destination forum meant?

Top Bottom