Lack of interest Keywords Input

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Spenser

Will there be a feature to add keywords to threads?
I really can't tell what this will improve regards SEO, but most people think it does if they are put into the HTML source.

Any ideas?

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
that is something vbseo does. using the tags as meta keywords. though as per popular belief. meta keywords are no longer used by SEs. though description is still fairly used.

that is something vbseo does. using the tags as meta keywords. though as per popular belief. meta keywords are no longer used by SEs. though description is still fairly used.
Yes, but together, they're deadly. I meant the combination of description and keywords.

Will there be a feature to add keywords to threads?
I really can't tell what this will improve regards SEO, but most people think it does if they are put into the HTML source.

Any ideas?
Forget thread tags if that's what you're thinking about. It will do little for on page SEO. Keywords in your content (<title>, <H> , <p>...) is what really counts. And the meta description to a lesser degree. I've been doing this SEO stuff for years, and these are my personal findings over that time.

I can see keywords helping as long as they are randomly generated and don't give users the ability to edit them. I've always hated tags like "{name} sucks" - irrelevant. vBulletin's tag system I'm not very fond of either.

I think XF should allow us to enter keywords and perhaps generate them automatically for pages other than the index from the posted content, not sure if that would work but at least for them on the homepage. They might not be important for Google rankings but other search engines do use them and with there being no this script = index type conditionals available to us I think this is a must.

Sorry if this has been suggested before.

Thanks.

Its been suggested before, but the developers downplay the importance of it.

Its hard enough right now to launch an xenforo website relying on search engines. Therefore, I would agree with you right now.

When someone enters a keyword - it finds other websites, not ours. For example, www.mw2forums.com is keyword-rich. But because its a new software, and because its not SEO-heavy, the rankings for the site is LOWER to the bottom; so whoever searches the variants of mw2forums keywords - won't see my website first. Instead, its a pre-established website. :(

Its the same thing true for my marvel vs capcom 3 [xenforo] website.

So, this suggestion gets approval from me.

EDIT: Hm. That's wierd, the last time I searched 'mvc3forum' [on google] the site was nowhere in the #1 spot, or even close. :confused:

And like I said, 'mvc3 forum' ends up on #3, when before it was WAY out of the rankings for that keyword.

Yahoo shows 'mvc3forum' is nowhere to be found on first page. And 'mvc3 forum' is nowhere to be found in first page.

I think in general the forums SEO as bog standard is rather decent, just not having auto generated keywords for each thread and the inability to manually add them due to no this script = index type feature isnt so good considering there is other search engines out there that use them. I dont think for a second that all of us solely rely on Google, the software should be ready for all of the popular search engines.

If anyone wants this please like the first post as otherwise I dont think it gets implemented :)

I dont think for a second that all of us solely rely on Google, the software should be ready for all of the popular search engines.
I agree. For example, Bing is a new search engine, and its already generating leads for blog I run. I also saw baidu in my forum - so I sense that if I capitalize on that... I could gain more visitors, from all around the world.

Hello, read this:
http://www.webrankinfo.com/dossiers/techniques/mots-cles-url-referencement

• dans sa page de résultats, Google met en gras les mots de la requête, donc si l'URL en contient, ils seront en gras, ce qui va attirer un peu plus l'attention de l'internaute
  • les internautes qui regardent l'URL de chaque résultat avant de cliquer peuvent mieux estimer si la page répond à leur demande
  • des URL avec des mot bien choisis seront plus faciles à retenir et à comprendre quand elles sont transmises par email, Twitter, etc.
  • le meilleur pour la fin : tous ceux qui vont prendre votre URL pour en faire un lien vous feront un bon lien optimisé puisque le texte cliquable contiendra des mots stratégiques (à condition que les mots soient séparés par des bons séparateurs). C'est à 90% pour cette raison que c'est efficace d'avoir des mots-clés dans les URL.

Google translate:
in its results page, Google bolds the words of the query, so if the URL contains, they will be in bold, which will attract a little more attention to the Internet​
users who look at the URL of each result before you click can better assess if the page meets their demands​
URLs with well-chosen word will be easier to remember and understand when they are sent via email, Twitter, etc..​
the best for the end: those who will take your URL into a link will make you a good link optimized since the clickable text contain words strategic (provided that words are separated by separators good). It is 90% for this reason that it is efficient to have keywords in the URL.​

(Forum name)
(Predefined keyword)
(Topic link)

Morrowind
Elder, Scrolls, Morrowind
theelderscrolls.fr/threads/elder-scrolls-morrowind-TOPIC-NAME-ID

Oblivion
Elder, Scrolls, Oblivion
theelderscrolls.fr/threads/elder-scrolls-oblivion-TOPIC-NAME-ID

Skyrim
The, Elder, Scrolls, Skyrim
theelderscrolls.fr/threads/the-elder-scrolls-skyrim-TOPIC-NAME-ID