Keyword Alert tool

OakleyForum

I am lookign for a XenForo addon which will alert members when a certain keyword is mentioned in a post. The addon should do the following:

*Set permissions based on usergroup(I.e only defined usergroups can use the tool)(Usergroup should be definable in AdminCP)
*Members who have access can track X amount of keywords(X should be definable in AdminCP)
*When keyword appears in a post, the members tracking it should receive an alert, linking to the post
*Keyword tool should ignore capital letters
*Should not effect posting of any kind
*Should not alert users if the keyword is posted by themselves(I.e I am tracking the word "cars", and I later make a post containing the word "cars")
*Keywords should be able to be set in the UserCP, under a "Keyword Alerts" panel which should input boxes for keywords.
*Users should also have the option to be emailed alerts
*Trackable Keywords should be at least 3 characters.

I am open to other suggestions, if you think this is missing necessary features. The add-on should be fairly updatable also, since I am currently running XF 1.1.4 and know that XF 2.0 is on the way.

I am willing to pay for this add-on, send me a message, so we can work out price and terms & conditions.

Last edited:
you have XF 1.1.4
XF 1.2.0 is on the way :)

sometimes sponsors who pay for "keyword alerts" like it sent via email. You might want to include that option.
Q: were you using an keyword alert system in vB ? which one ?
Note: this has been requested before. Look for others who want it too ... to share the development costs.

Great add-on, could use this myself. I'm thinking it probably needs more limitations to not overload the system?

Last edited:
you have XF 1.1.4
XF 1.2.0 is on the way :)

sometimes sponsors who pay for "keyword alerts" like it sent via email. You might want to include that option.
Q: were you using an keyword alert system in vB ? which one ?
Note: this has been requested before. Look for others who want it too ... to share the development costs.

Great suggestions. I corrected my XF version. And added the email alerts feature. I will keep an eye out for others interested also. I never used a vB alert system, just recently stumbled upon them and realized how great of a feature it is.

This is essentially what Drive Thru Oline does with their Vendor Tools plugin for vBulletin. I would love to have this functionality in XF too, as I offer this functionality to paying vendors in vB and I won't have that in XF. Will need to have a plugin created. So I'm in if others want to share the cost of having it developed.

Top Bottom