• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

KeyCaptcha - Antispam

vbgamer45

KeyCaptcha
By: vbgamer45

KeyCaptcha is a differnt kind of Captcha a visitor of your site is offered not to

guess the content but restore some objects of the task provided and thus it makes

interactivity of our CAPTCHA positively different from the other CAPCHAs. The variety

of the tasks also increases protection of your site against spam.

Install information:
1.Upload the library folder to the root directory of your Xenforo forum
2. In the Admin CP go to Home then Install Add On area and select and install the

keycaptcha.xml from your computer

To use it is found under the user registration options

You will need to get a KeyCaptcha private key and javascript code from Keycaptcha.com

and use the vBulletin install instructions to get the codes

Attachments

• keycaptcha.zip
    keycaptcha.zip
    5 KB · Views: 37
  • keyCaptcha.webp
    keyCaptcha.webp
    15.9 KB · Views: 96
Have seen a similar one on safelinks.net's captha. Better than typing charachters that sometimes are not exactly easy to read.

DOES NOT WORK!!

It looks like it does but when trying to post a thread or reply you get this:

Fatal error: Class 'XenForo_Captcha_Abstract' not found in /home/davidn/public_html/xenforo/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php on line 206

Uninstalling the script does NOTHING!! My site is now totally dead in the water.

DOES NOT WORK!!

Fatal error: Class 'XenForo_Captcha_Abstract' not found in /home/davidn/public_html/xenforo/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php on line 206

Uninstalling the script does NOTHING!! My site is now totally dead in the water.
Whoa! Sorry to hear..

Yeah. I had successfully moved my site live and had about 70 people logged in. Sorry about that, folks! I get to do it again later.

Besides that error, now when you use the Quick Reply box it hangs and does nothing.

NOTHING else was changed between successfully using the site and the errors. It's either an AMAZING coincidence or this is the cause.

Removed the addon and had to rebuild the core files to get the site back up. I hope it was something to do with my site but I doubt it.

DOES NOT WORK!!

How are you making the post? I have this installed on my test site ok and works posting as a member.
What version of XenForo are you using? Only test on the latest version.

But from the error it sounds like your missing a file XenForo_Captcha_Abstract is part of the core of XenForo

I had to reinstall the core files on my BETA 5 and that took care of the issue. But something in the install didn't like me unless it was an astounding coincidence as it was working before that.

Edrondol: Thats why u should istall everything new on a testboard first.....

I had to make a leap of faith on this one due to space constraints. until I can finally blow away my vB database I'm short on disk space.

Top Bottom