XF 1.5 Keeping an old installation available, whilst using the license on a new one?

[GM]Myrrdin

Hi!
Today, I have a website with an old version of XF. The license expired roughly 2 years ago and I saw no reason to update it.
But now with XF 2.x being released I know I want to get a new license.
However, i'd like to start fresh in a sense; yet also being able to look back on the old forum where I have so many fond memories.

So what I would like to do is:
  1. Password-protect the old forum using htaccess and lock it
  2. Renew my license and set up a new forum on the same domain (albeit a slightly different path)
  3. Start fresh with that new forum installation, but at the same time be able to go back and look at the old installation (but not actually use it) using a different path.
Would this be allowed?
Or would I need multiple licenses for the same domain?

Alternative two is that I copy the database and files from the old installation to a new path + DB and then upgrade that, so that it is in a sense is not a "fresh start" as we retain posts, users and more.

I just really want to be able to look back on the old stuff that we have.
So in this case, the old forum would be there but only by using the htaccess passwording; and the new forum would have the same content; plus anything that comes after that day obviously.

Would this also be allowed?

Top Bottom