Add-on K2 for XenForo

Luxus

Joomla has a pretty good content extension that is called K2. It basically works on its own so you could treat it as a separate software if you like. It's what I expect if I think about a CMS. It has everything you need, articles, real categories and sub-categories, real tags, frontend editing etc. Imo it's better than wordpress. It was created by only 2 people and is open source. A rewrite for XenForo would be great.

Appears to basically be a blog/article system. I don't know that recoding it is the most feasible solution. Plus, they release it under an open source license so you'd have to release it for free if you did use their code -- I believe.

Appears to basically be a blog/article system. I don't know that recoding it is the most feasible solution. Plus, they release it under an open source license so you'd have to release it for free if you did use their code -- I believe.
The GPL is also suitable for commercial products. But it wouldn't be a simple port I believe as the Joomla Framework is completly different from xenforo.

I think it's better if you install Joomla and K2 and make yourself familiar how it works. Then you can decide if its doable or not.

Top Bottom