JW Player [Deleted]

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

JW Player - Creates a JW Player BB Code so you can host your own videos.

Description:

Creates a JW Player BB Code so you can host your own videos. This add-on is designed for the administrator to create self hosted videos on their forum.

Live example here:

http://www.southbayriders.com/forums/threads/121804/

Features:
  • Easy to install and easy to use.
  • Includes latest JW Player files.
Setup:
  1. Create a folder on your forum root called "jwplayer".
  2. Copy the following four files from the...

Read more about this resource...

Andy - let's say I want to upload a video to my site, but I only want a certain user group to be able to watch the video, and I don't want them to be able to link to it. So I don't want to put it as a post they can quote and be able to grab the BB code and put it somewhere else like a public thread. Any way to do this with this addon, or at least get close?

It works only after i changed from
/* JW Player */

.jwplayer1 {
max-width: 720px;
max-height: 420px;
}

to
/* JW Player */

.jwplayer1 {
max-width: 100%;
max-height: 100%;
}

I just installed this and am having a time getting to work.

I get just a "loading the player" notice..

What am I doing wrong?

this plugin not works for me i test it and deinstall it.Its so confusing setup.

It's more involved than some other addons, but that's it. In addition to the normal install routine, you have to create 2 directories and put certain files in them, then copy/paste some code to EXTRA.css, and it works perfect.

It's more involved than some other addons, but that's it. In addition to the normal install routine, you have to create 2 directories and put certain files in them, then copy/paste some code to EXTRA.css, and it works perfect.
Yes it does.. Unless you have Ultra HD videos and a server incapable of the bandwidth needed. But that has nothing to do with this add-on. Thats a server issue.

Great resource here.

Andy - let's say I want to upload a video to my site, but I only want a certain user group to be able to watch the video, and I don't want them to be able to link to it. So I don't want to put it as a post they can quote and be able to grab the BB code and put it somewhere else like a public thread. Any way to do this with this addon, or at least get close?
I'm waiting for this too. I don't want to waste my server bandwith easily.

-edit-
Another question, do we need to wait until buffering is done? Or I do something wrong because I need to wait until video 100% buffer so I can watch it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom