Just starting out with a new Dog Forum and new design theme ( Comments - Suggestions )

spirogg

Just starting out and have been working on a new Dog Forum. I just finished getting my custom design by pixelexit, its designed off of Bolt theme - but cool design from @Russ / PS thanks Russ I'm loving it so far.

Also a huge shout out to Ken @MySiteGuy for some work he did as well and also a huge shout out to David @djbaxter for helping me out a lot with my site as well.
All these guys have been professional and do excellent work. Totally appreciate all the help guys.

Just showing off the theme and looking for any comments or suggestions as well.

Thanks
Spiro

Last edited:
Not a dog person, so I'll let this one pass. :)

I do like the design and it's very fitting though.

One thing that I would consider is hiding or completely removing "Other pets / Animals". You could hide it for now as empty forums detract people until the need or want of it arises from the community it or completely do away with, and have an off-topic zone instead with prefixes, it as it loses focus on the main topic of the forum being dogs.

Edit: Same with the cat section.

Not a dog person, so I'll let this one pass. :)

I do like the design and it's very fitting though.

One thing that I would consider is hiding or completely removing "Other pets / Animals". You could hide it for now as empty forums detract people until the need or want of it arises from the community it or completely do away with, and have an off-topic zone instead with prefixes, it as it loses focus on the main topic of the forum being dogs.

Edit: Same with the cat section.
great Idea thanks just implemented this thanks - OFF Topic

You should remove the introduce yourself and read forum rules board and just make them as a sticky. Since the site is brand new you want new members to go into one forum and find what they need at one spot

You should remove the introduce yourself and read forum rules board and just make them as a sticky. Since the site is brand new you want new members to go into one forum and find what they need at one spot
Not sure what you mean by remove introduce yourself read forum rules and make them a sticky. Where would I make them a sticky on what forum ? Sticky Under what category general dog and puppy ?

Not sure what you mean by remove introduce yourself read forum rules and make them a sticky. Where would I make them a sticky on what forum ? Sticky Under what category general dog and puppy ?
Yes put them where you think most members are going to view or you could probably make a global sticky and have them appear in all forums

Top Bottom