Just saw a commercial that reminded me

Elizabeth

of XenForo...it's the Good Morning of Forum Software. The new Audi A8 Commercial says goodnight to old luxury in this homage to a classic children's story.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I would rather do it in reverse using my house and then moving into the mansion.

"Good night, dry dusty hovel. Good night, overextended mortgage to a run-down house barely qualifying above a shanty."

"Good morning, lavish abode with space, lighting and class. Good morning, property values that don't make the neighbors cry."

Yeah. That's how I'd do it.

not sure that is going to work for them tbh.

I found it a bit obnoxious - but then I am not in their target demographic hahahahahahaha

Y'all are missing the analogy I saw. Pretend that the Mercedes is an older forum software we are leaving behind to wake up the next morning to the (Audi), the new software called XenForo!

Y'all are missing the analogy I saw. Pretend that the Mercedes is an older forum software we are leaving behind to wake up the next morning to the (Audi), the new software called XenForo!

Yeah, still not seeing it, :) I get what YOU are saying though :) .... Just have a problem with the Ad it's self, ... I mean who wouldn't want a Mercedes and a lovely old house like that.. to me that ad is confused it's self, it is trying to take a swipe at "old money" and failing miserably, to me it actually puts me off Audi, it makes them seem vulgar and crass.

IF they are after a younger hipper cooler market, they should have used a sexier younger voice over person, and have actually shown some MORE of this "New Luxury" that is apparently so desirable at the end...they didn't! They just showed the Audi car..which was a very very minor part of the story they were trying to tell.... they only glanced over the Benz in the last frame of the "out with the old" story... then the ONLY part of the supposedly cool new luxury lifestyle they showed us was the car.

For this to work as an ad, it would have had to have shown the Uber cool minimalist house, the stunning model like people living a different more modern lifestyle.... but they only showed the car.. they painted one picture, then failed to paint the other supposedly "better" picture.

Not a very well thought out ad imho.

But I see where you were going with your analysis of it.

Top Bottom