XF 1.2 Just purchased a new host - Help needed ASAP.

BrittonG

Hello, our host that we have right now keeps suspending our account from outgoing emails, so we switched to a new host which allows 1000 emails an hour. Well, I downloaded all of the files from the FTP and put them on my desktop. I setup a local xenforo installation then overwrited/uploaded my forums that I downloaded from the FTP. It has all the templates and stuff but no add-ons are installed (but they're in the FTP) is there ANY way I can switch over all the files to the new host without having to manually install every add-on I have?

Please get help me as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance,
BrittonG.

Why didn't you just backup your database from the old host and restore it to the new host along with just copying the forum files over?

Step 1) Make a backup of the database you have your old forum on via the admin panel for your old host.
Step 2) Restore it to the new one on your new host.

Alternatively you can do this instead:

Step 1) Find @Jake Bunce
Step 2) Start conversation with @Jake Bunce with a subject line that reads, "HALP!"

If you have SSH, run these commands to zip up the database and files:
Code:
mysqldump -u<user> -p<password> --single-transaction --skip-lock-tables db_name > /path/to/backup/db_name_$(date +%d.%m.%y).sql

tar -czf db_name_$(date +%d.%m.%y).tar.gz /path/to/backup/db_name_$(date +%d.%m.%y).sql

tar -czf files_$(date +%d.%m.%y).tar.gz /path/to/installation

Then copy the zips to the new server and unzip them.

Top Bottom