Just Made The First Step Towards A New Community

DieselMinded

In 2002 I started my first website in 2005 i sold it and entered a 5 year non compete contract, In 2007 i started a non competing forum and exactly 1 month after my 1st non compete contract ended i sold the forum and entered a new 2 year non compete contract.

2 months later .....

Well ive been thinking of a new niche to start an xenforo forum on, just something to play with late nights as i work swing shift.

so for the last 2 weeks ive been really hitting up go daddy domain searches to see if i can land my next big idea :D , hell i bought lifeundefined.com for $12 then sold it for big $ just months later.

I currently own 5 websites and webmaster about 20 including vb and ipboards

so anyway...

Leaning strongly towards a hobbyist forum , i purchased hobbyistforum.com tho its a great name Im not completely satisfied with pursuing the niche at this point so i ran across another domain name and when it showed as available i was like WOOT!

Its short its sweet and its catchy ..... fixfab.com focusing on the fixing ie repairing of automobiles and etc , and fab aka fabrication of automobiles and etc...

people like showing off there fabrications to things , and people like to know how to fix things too :D

so i have a couple options to choose from , i think they both have potential what do you think?

Forums are a hard gig now days, so you have to pick the topic you love the most, because in the beginning you most likely will be creating most of the content.

In 2002 I started my first website in 2005 i sold it and entered a 5 year non compete contract, In 2007 i started a non competing forum and exactly 1 month after my 1st non compete contract ended i sold the forum and entered a new 2 year non compete contract.

2 months later .....

Well ive been thinking of a new niche to start an xenforo forum on, just something to play with late nights as i work swing shift.

so for the last 2 weeks ive been really hitting up go daddy domain searches to see if i can land my next big idea :D , hell i bought lifeundefined.com for $12 then sold it for big $ just months later.

I currently own 5 websites and webmaster about 20 including vb and ipboards

so anyway...

Leaning strongly towards a hobbyist forum , i purchased hobbyistforum.com tho its a great name Im not completely satisfied with pursuing the niche at this point so i ran across another domain name and when it showed as available i was like WOOT!

Its short its sweet and its catchy ..... fixfab.com focusing on the fixing ie repairing of automobiles and etc , and fab aka fabrication of automobiles and etc...

people like showing off there fabrications to things , and people like to know how to fix things too :D

so i have a couple options to choose from , i think they both have potential what do you think?

5 years and 2 years non compete? What sites were these? And how much to keep at bay that long? Id ask for several million for sure.

The topic we love the most Jethro !!
rolleyes.png

I would also like to know what niche is this. The non-compete closures means that the new owner(s) are afraid of competition from you or others.

Top Bottom