• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.0 Just got thousands of spam threads and members :(

D37

So I hadn't visited my forum for a few days and look at it now, and it's literally filled with thousands of threads and fake users.

I don't see the spam cleaner available for each user, only available for a few users...

How do I have access to spam cleaner for every user so I can get rid of all this spam...

P.s. I'm using Xenforo version 1.0.1

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
That spam cleaner option is available to mods for "new" users based on this criteria:

Admin CP -> Home -> Options -> Spam Management -> Spam Cleaner User Criteria

Here is a good discussion about dealing with spam:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/my-forums-getting-lots-of-spam.35195/

One of the easiest things you can do is to enable Q&A captcha:

Admin CP -> Home -> Options -> User Registration -> Use Question & Answer CAPTCHA

Rho Delta

My spam cleaner is GONE. It used to appear next to the edit next to the time and date, but it has disappeared as an option for all admins. I got hit with THOUSANDS of spam threads in the matter of minutes... I need help ASAP.

Brent W

My spam cleaner is GONE. It used to appear next to the edit next to the time and date, but it has disappeared as an option for all admins. I got hit with THOUSANDS of spam threads in the matter of minutes... I need help ASAP.
If you followed Jake's instructions then change usergroup permissions to allow you to use it.

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
That spam cleaner option is available to mods for "new" users based on this criteria:

Admin CP -> Home -> Options -> Spam Management -> Spam Cleaner User Criteria