XF 2.2 Just bought a license, anyone can help transfer from nulled to license?

Sanmu

Hi, I installed a nulled 2.25 version on my website in the past month. Now I just bought a license for it and registered my website URL on the license panel.

Anyone can help what should I do to transfer from nulled to license?

I'm downloading the 2.25 official version.

Manually uploading the files replacing what is already on the server will overwrite the existing files.

However, there is no guarantee that the database schema hasn't been altered, or there aren't other files on the server which shouldn't be there.
You will need to do a full analysis to confirm that.

You should have permission to purchase add-ons now.

I uploaded and replaced all the files except internal_data, data, and src these 3 files. I don't see there are any changes.

How can I know now I'm using the right software?

Damn it, I tried to upload all the files to my server at one time, there are more than 5000 files...

When the uploaded process is running at 20%, when uploaded the file src/XF/ControllerPlugin, and all the files uploaded with mistakes, it shows more than 80 files uploaded with errors.

I clicked to cancel the upload.

I used bt.cn tool to upload the xenforo files and control my server.

Now I can not open my site. And when I checked the status of the server, it shows it is under the attack of DDos and in Black Hole.

Thanks to that I made several copies of my website so I am not worried.

I read somewhere maybe because a big amount of uploading made my server provider thought that my server is under DDos attack and put my server in Black Hole. I will need to wait until my server provider cancels the Black Hole status(the server's official website says it is 2.5H) and then I can come to control my server and I can recover my website.

Maybe someone who has this kind of experience and can help me in this situation. Thank you so much for reading. Sorry for my not good english. And sorry I was a thief for this software, I just run my website for 1 month and now realized that I need to use a license website.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for answer.

If I unzip it, it will replace all existing files or only will replace the same files with the same name?

Maybe I should delete all files in my server and unzip it. But I don't want to lose all data in my site.

Manually uploading the files replacing what is already on the server will overwrite the existing files.

However, there is no guarantee that the database schema hasn't been altered, or there aren't other files on the server which shouldn't be there.
You will need to do a full analysis to confirm that.

You should have permission to purchase add-ons now.
This will not filter out possible malicious contents from the previous XenForo (nulled) installation.

This might sounds rude (sorry about that if it really does) but here's my procedure recommended to those sitemasters who want to turn their nulls into genuines: Fresh-install the genuine XF board and use XF importer to import the data from the nulled installation.
(I assume that XF importer only grabs what necessary to a genuine XF installation.)

It does not but if you do a "File health check" you will see possible malicious files.
File Health Check only check whether official files are maliciously modified. It doesn't check the existence of possible webshells inside XenForo folders. My method doesn't check, either, but it is a blank installation with only necessary things imported by you using XF Importer.

It does not but if you do a "File health check" you will see possible malicious files.
(continued)
One more thing: The file fingerprints in the hashes.json are calculatable simply by putting a malfunctioned official PHP file into an addon folder and build the addon release. The new fingerprint will be automatically generated in the hashes.json inside the addon release package generated.

Top Bottom