XF 1.2 just a question

Cees50

I dont know if this is possible, or that i should look for an add onn builder.

What is my problem.

I'm running a seawaterforum. In that forum, there is a node where people can have a kind of diary in a node. This dairy is a thread in that node. In that "dairy" they keep track of the progress of their tanks, and show the results.

Now my question. Is it possible to let the owner have a sort of mod function so they can pre-moderate the post from other users in their own thread ? The way i know to let it work, is to make a category called diary, and change all the "diary" threads to a forum within the category thread. But thats not a good solution. Then i have thousands of forum moderators :-)

Whats disturbing for the users is that other users are posting in their threads with comments they dont wanna have in their diary.

You might want to simply disallow posting by other members in the thread. In other words if the thread starter is AndyB only AndyB can post in that thread.

I dont know if this is possible, or that i should look for an add onn builder.

What is my problem.

I'm running a seawaterforum. In that forum, there is a node where people can have a kind of diary in a node. This dairy is a thread in that node. In that "dairy" they keep track of the progress of their tanks, and show the results.

Now my question. Is it possible to let the owner have a sort of mod function so they can pre-moderate the post from other users in their own thread ? The way i know to let it work, is to make a category called diary, and change all the "diary" threads to a forum within the category thread. But thats not a good solution. Then i have thousands of forum moderators :)

Whats disturbing for the users is that other users are posting in their threads with comments they dont wanna have in their diary.
Oh here you go. Topic Starter's Rights: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/infisjsc-topic-starters-permissions.24/

Top Bottom