[Jazzaaf] xenAntiVirus

[Jazzaaf] xenAntiVirus 1.0.1

No permission to download

jazz_aaf

jazz_aaf submitted a new resource:

[Jazzaaf] xenAntiVirus - Check attachments for viruses and malware using Virustotal API.

Description:

This add-on will check new attachments for viruses and malware code using Virustotal.com's api.

Features:

• Disable new attachments until marked clean. (on/off)
  • Exclude file types.
  • Exclude user groups.
  • Use in private conversations. (on/off)
  • Permission-based access to the report center.
  • Filter attachments based on check status.
  • Links to Scan Reports.
  • Uses Phrase System.
  • Send an alert to predefined users when an infected file has...

Read more about this resource...

Get API Key here...

Get API Key here...

Thank you @Masetrix ,

I provided a link to the main page just in case they change their FAQ pages in the future. The link you provided is working as well.

hi jazz_aaf. first of all thx for the addon. it works great in my sandbox (as far as i can tell from limited testing). def. extremely useful for forums with lots of attachment traffic.
now my actual question. so far it seems to work for forum attachments only. we are working on a new community in which uploads will be only allowed in XFRM - do you plan to extend it/ create a separate one for XFRM as well maybe? that would be one way or another a great feature. i am seeing a lot of forums going the route to allow file uploads via XFRM lately, so it might be not just me who would look forward to it.

cheers, L

hi jazz_aaf. first of all thx for the addon. it works great in my sandbox (as far as i can tell from limited testing). def. extremely useful for forums with lots of attachment traffic.
now my actual question. so far it seems to work for forum attachments only. we are working on a new community in which uploads will be only allowed in XFRM - do you plan to extend it/ create a separate one for XFRM as well maybe? that would be one way or another a great feature. i am seeing a lot of forums going the route to allow file uploads via XFRM lately, so it might be not just me who would look forward to it.

cheers, L

Hi Lsdeep,

The initial intention was to include XFRM's attachments, but after looking at the code, I found out that xenForo's approach for XFRM's attachments was a bit different than its approach for the forum's attachment. I decided to postpone the inclusion of XFRM attachments into a later version.

Regards.

Hi Lsdeep,

The initial intention was to include XFRM's attachments, but after looking at the code, I found out that xenForo's approach for XFRM's attachments was a bit different than its approach for the forum's attachment. I decided to postpone the inclusion of XFRM attachments into a later version.

Regards.
fair enough. thx for the fast response. looking forward to a XFRM/ XFRM included version in future.

cheers, L

In XF2.2, the status remains on "Virus scan in progress".
He doesn't report back.
Is a version for XF2.2 planned?

SORRY MAN.
Your Version 1.0.0 is still perfect.
My test machine was behind a router (firewall).
Therefore no feedback from virustotal.com.
I confirm that this addon also works under XF2.2!

Jazzaaf: Your addon is the only one for XF2.1, 2.2 and the best. You are a good coder. I think.... the best coder.
Thx very much for this.

Last edited:
Would it be possible to rewrite the add-on so that clamAV is used locally?
The problem with Virustotal is the 32MB limit (without a premium account/license).
Only companies get a premium license for 600€/month.

@jaaz_aaf ,

like others we are more concerned about XFRM uploads and wondering, wether you are working on it as stated in the past. Please let me now if there is work in progress, so we make a concious decision, wether we need to hire someone for that. TIA.

ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Trying to access array offset on value of type null src/addons/Jazzaaf/xenAntiVirus/Cron/AttachmentCheck.php:119

Code:
#0 src/addons/Jazzaaf/xenAntiVirus/Cron/AttachmentCheck.php(119): XF::handlePhpError(8, '[E_NOTICE] Tryi...', '/var/www/vhosts...', 119, Array)
#1 src/XF/Job/Cron.php(37): Jazzaaf\xenAntiVirus\Cron\AttachmentCheck::runAttachmentCheck(Object(XF\Entity\CronEntry))
#2 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(260): XF\Job\Cron->run(8)
#3 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(202): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 8)
#4 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(86): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 8)
#5 src/XF/Cli/Command/RunJobs.php(59): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#6 src/vendor/symfony/console/Command/Command.php(255): XF\Cli\Command\RunJobs->execute(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#7 src/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php(992): Symfony\Component\Console\Command\Command->run(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#8 src/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php(255): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRunCommand(Object(XF\Cli\Command\RunJobs), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#9 src/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php(148): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRun(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#10 src/XF/Cli/Runner.php(111): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->run(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#11 cmd.php(15): XF\Cli\Runner->run()
#12 {main}

What's going on there?

Top Bottom