Jaxel's Implementation of Ad Block Detection

Jaxel's Implementation of Ad Block Detection

So I saw on an XF nulled website (I occasionally do vanity searches on Google to see who is pirating my software), that a user is claiming using this code got his website banned from Google Adsense. Does anyone know if using such a code violates Adsense terms and conditions?

As far as I know, it is only against terms to request users to CLICK on ads, not to disable ad-blockers.

I do that as well ;)

Wouldn't it be more realistic that the user had nulled or pirate software and that's why they got banned...?

The problem with that simple code is that it will trigger false positives with older IEs. We exempt older IEs from triggering that code because those browsers very unlikely use ad-blockers anyway.

Reactions: rdn
The problem with that simple code is that it will trigger false positives with older IEs. We exempt older IEs from triggering that code because those browsers very unlikely use ad-blockers anyway.
How do you go about doing that?

Is it possible someone can explain where to exactly put each code (HTML, CSS, java)?
Thanks, I'd really like to implement this!

Yes please, How?

Jaxel updated Jaxel's Implementation of Ad Block Detection with a new update entry:

Tracking Ad Serves with Google Analytics...

Well a few weeks ago, I wrote a guide on how to Differentiate members from guests in Google Analytics reports... Well if you use, you can actually combine that guide and this guide to create custom reports to differentiate users who are detected using adblock and those who arent!

In the Google Analytics guide I wrote, I used custom data key 1 to handle registration reports. In this...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Doesn't work anymore with the latest adsense code.
Responsive Ad > Smart Sizing.
Works fine for me... I've been using the responsive code since before I posted this guide. This is the code I use:

Code:
<!-- Begin: AdSense, Generated: 2013-08-04 -->
<style>
    .calibur-responsive-header { width: 320px; height: 50px; }
    @media(min-width: 500px) { .calibur-responsive-header { width: 468px; height: 60px; } }
    @media(min-width: 800px) { .calibur-responsive-header { width: 728px; height: 90px; } }
</style>
<script async src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>
<ins class="adsbygoogle calibur-responsive-header"
    style="display:inline-block"
    data-ad-client="ca-pub-"
    data-ad-slot=""></ins>
<script>(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});</script>
<!-- End: AdSense -->

I believe google calls this the "Advanced" mode (vs Smart Sizing)

Reactions: psx
Works fine for me... I've been using the responsive code since before I posted this guide. This is the code I use:

Code:
<style>
    @media(min-width: 500px) { .calibur-responsive-header { width: 468px; height: 60px; } }
    @media(min-width: 800px) { .calibur-responsive-header { width: 728px; height: 90px; } }
</style>
<script async src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>
    data-ad-client="ca-pub-"
    data-ad-slot=""></ins>

Works perfect thanks :)

Code:
<style>
</style>
    data-ad-client="ca-pub-"
    data-ad-slot=""></ins>

Advance mode is different from Smart Sizing, and it didn't work on Smart Sizing add units.
Did you already tried Smart Sizing?

Doesn't work anymore with the latest adsense code.
Responsive Ad > Smart Sizing.
I just tested it with Smart Sizing... works fine for me...

Besides... the Advanced Code is better for revenue anyways from what I've seen.

Top Bottom