1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Java 0-day found in the wild.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by lazer, Aug 28, 2012.

1. lazer

lazer Well-Known Member

2. RobinHood

RobinHood Well-Known Member

To disbale Java in your browser:

In Firefox: Press Firefox button -> Add-ons, go to Plugins and click the "Disable" button next to anything named "Java".
    In Chrome: Type in: "chrome://plugins/" into the address bar (no speech marks). Scroll down to Java and click disable.
    In Opera: Type in "opera: plugins" into the address bar (no speech marks or space). Scroll down to:
    • Java(TM) Platform <click on> Disable.
    • Java Deployment Toolkit <click on> Disable.
    In Internet Explorer: Go to Tools -> Manage add-ons -> Toolbars and Extensions. At the bottom, show: All add-ons. Find anything under Sun Microsystems or named "Java"/"Deployment Toolkit" and right-click -> Disable it.
  3. MagnusB

MagnusB Well-Known Member

You can use about:plugins in chrome as well, easier to remember...

Damn smiles :(
  4. MsJacquiiC

MsJacquiiC Well-Known Member

Okay - I'm a little confused - my Java version says "Java Deployment Toolkit -"Is this part of the 1.7 series the article speaks of? Thanks.

5. MagnusB

If I am not mistaken, JRE 1.7 is 7, they are non consistent with versioning different components, as I recall.
  6. jasetaro

jasetaro Well-Known Member

Yes, and it's out of date too. The current release is Java Deployment Toolkit -
  7. MsJacquiiC

MsJacquiiC Well-Known Member

You're right. I suppose I could have googled before posting LOL
    Thanks ;)
  8. MagnusB

In Norway most banks use a common (java) platform for log in to their online bank solutions. It seems this vulnerabillity has hit that solution hard, and now the banks are going public saying the consumers have to be responsible and update their java software.... My take is a bit different though....