I've joined the modern era

Max Taxable

Well. It's not like I haven't been looking at new phones anyway. I've had this one a little over five years, that's a pretty long run with one device.

Thanks for looking it over. Using chrome where/when needed until new phone chosen.
My carrier finally sweetened the deal to get me to finally upgrade my mobile device, since 3G is being dismantled here in the US.

In-store, I had six choices for my new phone including the latest Samsung Galaxy and some lesser Samsung ones, but the two offerings which got my attention were the two Motorola models.

I wound up getting this Moto5G Stylus since my old phone had the stylus too and I'm definitely a stylus user. Got a sweet deal, 57 USD total for everything including a case, for a phone that retails for around 300 USD, setup included.

And O-M-G, I understand now. This new phone is light-years ahead of my old LG in every possible way. Even though it is a budget model, its speed, storage and capabilities far outstrip the old phone. The camera is far far superior as well.

They were able to instantly copy over all my contacts, chats and files including all images and videos. The changeover was smooth as silk.

I'm a happy camper now who never knew he was unhappy. You don't know you're under a dark cloud until that cloud clears and the bright sunshine comes through!

Even my drone app now works flawlessly. Such fun!

Anyhow, there ya go.

Congrats on your new phone!

But I really like the Apple ecosys. Tried Android so many times and I still feel that is a very big system that I don't have any use, and some design, quality and other personal issues for me.

The feel of giving everything to Google is beyond my control, I can't endorse that. Instead, I try to use and combine the services from Microsoft, Apple and Google. The better of each of then.

My carrier finally sweetened the deal to get me to finally upgrade my mobile device, since 3G is being dismantled here in the US.

In-store, I had six choices for my new phone including the latest Samsung Galaxy and some lesser Samsung ones, but the two offerings which got my attention were the two Motorola models.

I wound up getting this Moto5G Stylus since my old phone had the stylus too and I'm definitely a stylus user. Got a sweet deal, 57 USD total for everything including a case, for a phone that retails for around 300 USD, setup included.

And O-M-G, I understand now. This new phone is light-years ahead of my old LG in every possible way. Even though it is a budget model, its speed, storage and capabilities far outstrip the old phone. The camera is far far superior as well.

They were able to instantly copy over all my contacts, chats and files including all images and videos. The changeover was smooth as silk.

I'm a happy camper now who never knew he was unhappy. You don't know you're under a dark cloud until that cloud clears and the bright sunshine comes through!

Even my drone app now works flawlessly. Such fun!

Anyhow, there ya go.
Just wait until you start getting into foldables... If they can ever fully do away with the crease, productivity on the Fold is night and day once you get use to it.

The feel of giving everything to Google is beyond my control, I can't endorse that
I keep logged out of Google unless I need one of its services. Always have. Plus, I depermission all apps for stuff like contacts, cameras, microphone, location, storage and so on. I'd do this regardless of apple or android.

That'll be years away for me. I'm not one to upgrade devices very often. This is literally my third phone since 2000.
I only upgrade my personal phone when I get offered one highly discounted or free, otherwise I have one ongoing client who sends me every smart phone for testing purposes.

I have a project that has been on hold to turn all of the old legacy devices into a giant programmable art display piece so they do not completely go to waste.

Nothing beats an i-phone....lol
I have a friend who still has and daily uses an iPhone 4. The tech at the store where I upgraded wanted a pic of it to post on his Instagram. Antique, he said.

My friend's carrier is offering NO upgrade deals for the end of 3G. My carrier offered the friend the same free phone upgrade deal I got, if he would switch. One caveat was, none of the iPhones were included in the promotion. Still gotta pay full price for those.

He's thinking about Android for awhile.

I do primarily Pixel phones, due to the superior cameras. I usually wait for a half price sale before I get one, and I'm not tied into any carrier deals--I own them outright. I keep two phones active--the older phone gets a lot of use for secondary tasks, and only counts as data usage on my plan.

I have an s22 ultra with Xfinity mobile. My phone is unlocked though so I can move to another carrier at any time. I hate Xfinity mobile by the way.

Last edited:
Top Bottom