itunes Question

Iestyn

I'm sorting all my iTunes music out on my computer, I've been giving my computer a rather late spring clean, but I've run into a problem, and for the life of me I just can't work out how to sort it.

In the following image you will notice that I have 3 folders:

iTunes automatically adds the two extra folders on the right, and I just want to get rid of them. Deleting them doesn't work, as they just re-turn when I re-load itunes.

Does anyone have an idea how I can sort this? Yes, I know I'm fussy, I have OCD lol.

You have to turn off in preferences the option to let itunes organise your collection.

Usually on the advanced tab I think... and something along the lines of "keep itunes media folder organised"

You are best off to atleast run them within the itunes folder for ease, because anything you download via itunes will go under the itunes folder.

Thanks mate, I'll give that a go later on and met you know how I get on.

One more quick question, do you know of a way to hide folders and files without using a 3rd party application?

I'm not sure why you wouldn't want iTunes to do this. Automatization is the main goal of using a computer/software in the first place. iTunes will store your music files/albums/folders in the iTunes folder, and you can add new content through Archive > Add to library.

Once you add the content though from a different location, and itunes is selected to manage the content, it will move your archived content and begin renaming and positioning everything... which as I just found myself, if you're importing your movie library... its not good to let itunes manage it at all, especially with TV series. Suddenly your content that you can identify in a folder is gone and all put together, renamed, etc.

I had mine managing my content when it was just music, but now with movies and seeing what it did... I turned it off so I can manage the folders and file names myself.

Windows allows you to hide folders by making them hidden. Just do a search in the help file and it will quickly tell you how. I had to do it for win7... as how to do is vastly different in win7 to XP.

Top Bottom