1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's Too Hard To Register For Some Folks

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by DRE, Apr 5, 2014.

1. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

I need two buttons. The Login button and the Sign Up button that goes directly to the create an account page. I know the way Xenforo has it setup usually works but I have too many computer illiterate people asking me how to sign up.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Edit the template(s)?

Amaury likes this.
  3. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Yeah that's what I'm going to do.

4. 0ptima

0ptima Well-Known Member

Could you please share your results?

5. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Yeah. First I'm trying to figure out what to do cause my FoolHoneyPotBot addon stopped working right.

6. SamL

SamL Active Member

Wouldn't it just be easier to make a 'how to register' FAQ page than to try to simplify simplicity?

7. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

I just went ahead and created another button.

Template: Sidebar Visitor Panel

Code:
    Find:
    <label for="LoginControl" id="SignupButton"><a href="{xen:link login}" class="inner">{xen:if $xenOptions.registrationSetup.enabled, {xen:phrase sign_up_now}, {xen:phrase log_in}}</a></label>

Place Below:
    <label for="LoginControls" id="SignupButton"><a href="register" class="inner">Create Account</a></label>
    *shrugs*

Alfa1 and 0ptima like this.
  8. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

I would like to change the color for the second button though. Hmm...

9. Brogan

Use inline styling or create a new class.

10. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Doesn't look like how I want border-wise but it's close enough for now.

11. whitetigergrowl

whitetigergrowl Active Member

If they can't figure out how to register, what makes you think they'll even know where to find the FAQ page, let alone understand it if they do.

Creating an FAQ page on how to register is more work than a few minor template edits to achieve desired results.

DRE likes this.
  12. Brogan

If they can't work out how to register or find a FAQ page, what hope have they got of being able to post a new thread?

Fred., whitetigergrowl, sonnb and 4 others like this.