It's Too Hard To Register For Some Folks

DRE

I need two buttons. The Login button and the Sign Up button that goes directly to the create an account page. I know the way Xenforo has it setup usually works but I have too many computer illiterate people asking me how to sign up.

Yeah. First I'm trying to figure out what to do cause my FoolHoneyPotBot addon stopped working right.

Wouldn't it just be easier to make a 'how to register' FAQ page than to try to simplify simplicity?

I just went ahead and created another button.

Template: Sidebar Visitor Panel

Code:
Find:
<label for="LoginControl" id="SignupButton"><a href="{xen:link login}" class="inner">{xen:if $xenOptions.registrationSetup.enabled, {xen:phrase sign_up_now}, {xen:phrase log_in}}</a></label>

Place Below:
<label for="LoginControls" id="SignupButton"><a href="register" class="inner">Create Account</a></label>

*shrugs*

Wouldn't it just be easier to make a 'how to register' FAQ page than to try to simplify simplicity?

If they can't figure out how to register, what makes you think they'll even know where to find the FAQ page, let alone understand it if they do.

Creating an FAQ page on how to register is more work than a few minor template edits to achieve desired results.

Reactions: DRE
Top Bottom