It can buy via paypal?

OsKaR

I was wondering if can buy a license via paypal, as for many who live outside the U.S. and myself in particular in Spain, I find it much easier to pay this way.

thanks ;)

If they want to have that "professional" look to it, they should accecpt payments directly from cc's and not only pp. I think at first they might do only paypal because it's easier.
You can use cc thru paypal. To be perfectly honest, setting up with an online merchant is a REAL PAIN and I do not BLAME anyone who avoids it. 99.99999% of the online merchants are charlatans. 

haha yeah. you have to be very careful about the payment gateway you use. and then integrate it. paypal might be a very hated service but it does make a lot of complicated things easy.

I've gone both ways. There is typically a monthly fee with a merchant even if you do not use it. Paypal doesn't charge unless you use it. You can lose your shirt just in fees on the Merchant account and you usually have to buy the equipment as well. Paypal, no equipment involved. 

The main problem we have with cards, whether it's offline or online is the cost for credit cards. Debit cards cost £0.25 per transaction where as credit cards cost 2.5% per transaction.

We have a lot of transactions for hundreds of pounds and a fair few for thousands, one customer especially spends thousands of pounds a month, if we allowed them to pay by credit card it would cost us a fortune.

Earlier on this year they spend something on the lines of £11,500.00 if they had paid that by credit card it would have costed us £280 odd to accept it. Quite scary actually.

Nah for online payments PayPal is the way to go.

Nah for online payments PayPal is the way to go.
I avoid PayPal whenever possible.

If I am ever forced to use it, I make sure I pay with my credit card.

That way I can always contact my bank to reverse a payment, which I have had to do several times as PayPal weren't interested.

I avoid PayPal whenever possible.

If I am ever forced to use it, I make sure I pay with my credit card.

That way I can always contact my bank to reverse a payment, which I have had to do several times as PayPal weren't interested.
Sorry I wasn't really clear there.

I was meaning more from a merchant point of view in that post.

What? :eek: Only Paypal at first? :eek::eek:
That's not good, not good at all. I don't have a Paypal account as it's not supported in my country. :(
I really hope there will be another method to pay in the first 24 hours so I can get advantages of the discount.

What? :eek: Only Paypal at first? :eek::eek:
That's not good, not good at all. I don't have a Paypal account as it's not supported in my country. :(
I really hope there will be another method to pay in the first 24 hours so I can get advantages of the discount.
Do you have a credit/debit card? If so you can still GO thru paypal. 

Do you have a credit/debit card? If so you can still GO thru paypal.
I have some kind of cards that I think it called "webserver" (which I'm not sure what it is). It's some kind of cards that is only for internet and paying online purposes. I tried to use it with Paypal but they didn't accept, they said it's not a credit card. I use this card to pay for my hosting and other online payments without any issues, I also used it when I first bought vB, as a matter of fact Ashely helped me with that when he was still working at vB.

right. i can see a possibility that some interested customers might not be able to use PayPal at all on the beta sale day so the people running XF might offer a workaround for them.

Top Bottom