XF 2.2 Issues with latest version 2.2.11

tpmedia

Updated to the latest version, 2.2.11 and now have several issues, does anyone else see these and are there any solutions?
  • The log is showing many "inet_pton() ... unrecognized address" errors
  • The emojis now appear as a bulleted list rather than a grid
  • The reply text box does shows quoted messages as indented but otherwise they are no different to the other text, e.g. no grey background.

Check your templates to be sure none are outdated for the emoji and message issue.
Also, make sure that all your add-ons are 2.2.11 compatible, and if you upgraded to PHP 8.1 that they are also compatible with that version of PHP.

Alternatively is there a way of finding which templates / css / etc. were modified by the latest upgrade on my site. I know there is a dialogue that prompts for template merges during the upgrade, is there a way of re-creating that?

The usual steps apply.

Disable all add-ons and test in a completely default, unedited style, with all custom javascript removed.
If you don't have an unedited style, create a new one with no parent.

If everything works as expected after those steps then the issues are due to the style and/or add-ons.
Enable them one at a time to determine which.

That's the template which applies styling to the editor.

You, another admin, or the style in use has modified it.

Revert it to the default and that will resolve the issues.
If you have modified it for any reason, you will need to reapply the edits, ensuring they work with the current version.

Seems to be due to some customizations in editor_base.less, whatever that is...
I would never edit that template. If you need to change any styling, I find it's best to add it in extra.less template

However I would have thought you would have got a warning about that template needing updating.

Top Bottom