XF 1.1 Issue with Recent Accordian and thumbnails

Mentalist

Hello everyone,
Here's my issue, I have the RecentAccordion block on my front page with XenPorta and it looks like this:
1rOOl

Looks good right? Yeah it's great, however my latest post (far left), the RecentAccordian seems to be unable to fetch the image I attached, and I can't understand why. For the other three announcements, those were there before I moved my website to a new server, which is why those ones have no trouble, however when I go to upload the image now, it uploads successfully, and I can click on it and see the full image. Although, I can't see the thumbnail:

1rOTu

But if I find an attached file from before I moved my site:

1rOXO

That's really the only noticeable difference I can find, and I don't see any errors in the error log. Any idea what's going on?

Thanks,

-Mentalist

Check the permissions for data and internal_data. Both directories and their contents need to be writable (chmod 777).

Also, what image library are you using?

Admin CP -> Home -> Options -> Attachments -> Default Image Processor

Try a different library if available.

Check the permissions for data and internal_data. Both directories and their contents need to be writable (chmod 777).

Also, what image library are you using?

Admin CP -> Home -> Options -> Attachments -> Default Image Processor

Try a different library if available.

I made sure 100% that my data and internal_data folders are chmod 777. This is always one of the first things I do, I an unable to attach a file at all until I do this.

As for the default image processor, this is all I have:

1rVpm

Any ideas for a fix?

Maybe there is a permission problem inside of those directories. If you have shell access then try running these commands to recursively set permissions in those directories:

Code:
chmod -R 777 data

chmod -R 777 internal_data

You might also try 755 permissions. Depending on how PHP is installed, 755 may still be writable. I have seen some server configurations throw errors with 777.

What about avatars? When you upload an avatar does it successfully generate the different sizes? That's another way to test that your image library is working.

Maybe there is a permission problem inside of those directories. If you have shell access then try running these commands to recursively set permissions in those directories:

Code:
chmod -R 777 data

chmod -R 777 internal_data

You might also try 755 permissions. Depending on how PHP is installed, 755 may still be writable. I have seen some server configurations throw errors with 777.

What about avatars? When you upload an avatar does it successfully generate the different sizes? That's another way to test that your image library is working.

I switched to 775 permissions and then I was unable to upload an attached file at all, but here's what happened. I then switched back to 777 permissions for both folders and went to test uploading an avatar and even though I was on 777 permissions, the avatar wouldn't upload, here is my error log:

1s33j

The exact Error can be found here:

http://pastebin.com/50we8AWW

Edit: Correction, that error was generated when I tried to upload the attached image in 755 permissions, in 777 it uploaded but the thumbnail does not show, and avatar upload does not work at all. When the avatar fails to upload, the server error log doesn't generate an error :(

1s3eW

That indicates a lack of permissions on the server. Make sure data and internal_data are writable, including all subdirectories.

So just to update and clarify, my data and internal_data folders both set to chmod 777, when I upload an attachment, it uploads successfully but the thumbnail is not shown, and when I go to upload an avatar:

1s9uO

Server error log isn't producing anything.

Top Bottom