XF 2.0 Issue with Phrases

Mayhem30

I needed a massive amount of changes done to phrases. I downloaded the language file, modified it and imported it. It went well, except now everything shows up in red text - even if it wasn't modified. Can this be fixed in any way?

How does the forum software determine if a phrase was modified or not?

Secondly, I accidentally deleted "a_month_ago" entry from "xf_phrase_map". Anyway way for me to resolve that issue?

What reason is there for there to be 3 tables dedicated for phrases? (xf_phrase, xf_phrase_compiled and xf_phrase_map)

I downloaded the language file, modified it and imported it. It went well, except now everything shows up in red text - even if it wasn't modified. Can this be fixed in any way?
At this point, no. The phrase being present in a language file is what triggers it as being customized. You may need to redo the customizations via the control panel interface if you're just changing specific phrases.

(Translating from the XML file is really only applicable for total translations.)

Secondly, I accidentally deleted "a_month_ago" entry from "xf_phrase_map". Anyway way for me to resolve that issue?
Go to <url>/install/ and rebuild the master data.

What reason is there for there to be 3 tables dedicated for phrases?
Generally they each serve different purposes. The compiled table is what's actively used when phrases are requested.

(Translating from the XML file is really only applicable for total translations.)

I really had no choice as I just wanted to change the word "thread" to "topic" but there was over 450 instances? I can't do that manually.

It would be nice if something could be done in the future that would allow users to clear the modified tag for phrases for the entire list after a major change has taken place. I was really hoping that I could just run an SQL query on one of the 3 tables for phrases to clear that up.

Top Bottom