XF 2.0 Issue with more than two conversation recipients

Mr Lucky

I am unable to add more than two recipients, although my permissions allow 10.

SafariScreenshot121.webp

Code:
ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Undefined index: class src/XF/Template/Templater.php:1673
Generated by: Pete Thomas Nov 14, 2017 at 4:54 PM
Stack trace
#0 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1673): XF::handlePhpError(8, '[E_NOTICE] Unde...', '/home/caf/publi...', 1673, Array)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1652): XF\Template\Templater->getDefaultAvatarHtml('teebones', 'avatar-u34-s', Array)
#2 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1608): XF\Template\Templater->getDynamicAvatarHtml('teebones', 'avatar-u34-s', Array)
#3 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->fnAvatar(Object(SV\ContentRatings\XF\Template\Templater), false, Object(XFMG\XF\Entity\User), 'xxs', false, Array)
#4 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(819): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#5 src/XF/Pub/View/Member/Find.php(18): XF\Template\Templater->fn('avatar', Array)
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/AbstractRenderer.php(77): XF\Pub\View\Member\Find->renderJson()
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Json.php(60): XF\Mvc\Renderer\AbstractRenderer->renderViewObject('XF:Member\\Find', '', Array)
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(332): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Json->renderView('XF:Member\\Find', '', Array)
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(303): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Json), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(44): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'json')
#11 src/XF/App.php(1852): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#12 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#13 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#14 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(145) "/members/find?q=te&_xfRequestUri=%2Fconversations%2Fadd&_xfWithData=1&_xfToken=1510678416%2C6fc6a53c66a12e7fc77e4cd5d9bc846e&_xfResponseType=json"
  ["referrer"] => string(47) "https://xxxxx.com/conversations/add"
  ["_GET"] => array(5) {
    ["q"] => string(2) "te"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(18) "/conversations/add"
    ["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(43) "1510678416,6fc6a53c66a12e7fc77e4cd5d9bc846e"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

This may or may not be your issue, try reverting what you did here and try again.

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/avatars-instead-of-name-in-conversation-list.137191/
Thanks, but that was the first thing I suspected so reverted the template.

I may be wrong about that as it looks like I didn't reverse the template for the style I was testing. It may well have been this.

I suspect you're using the initial bugged version of RC1 (the package was later patched).

RC2 has just been released, that should solve it.

Yes, it's fine now, including with the customised template (to change user names to icons in the conversation list) so it could have been a combination of the two things: the template and the bugged version.

It wouldn't have been the template. It was actually sort of specific to the auto complete list when searching for recipients (that's what reliably exposed the bug, at least).

Top Bottom