Issue with code events in a bridge

ManOnDaMoon

I'm currently working on a separate script connected to my XF installation using the code from this post http://xenforo.com/community/threads/how-to-create-a-bridge.28515/#post-332370
PHP:
// Include custom libraries and initialization code here

// How to use XenForo Objects: Once initialized the below you can use XenForo objects
define('XF_ROOT', MY_SCRIPT_PATH . '/path/to/xf/root/');
define('TIMENOW', time());
define('SESSION_BYPASS', false); // if true: logged in user info and sessions are not needed
require_once(XF_ROOT . '/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php');
XenForo_Autoloader::getInstance()->setupAutoloader(XF_ROOT . '/library');
XenForo_Application::initialize(XF_ROOT . '/library', XF_ROOT);
XenForo_Application::set('page_start_time', TIMENOW);
XenForo_Application::disablePhpErrorHandler();
XenForo_Session::startPublicSession();
error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE); // Turn off the strict error reporting.

It runs quite well except for one particular thing: the code event listeners I set up (especially in order to extend XenForo_Model_XXXX) do not seem to fire. Instead, I get an error
Code:
Call to undefined method XenForo_Model_XXX::YYY()
each time I try to access one of my custom functions.

NB: The code events fire totally fine (i.e.: I'm able to access my member functions) when I create an instance from within XF script. The problem is only within my bridge script.

I finally managed to get my own listeners working by adding them manually via this line of code, added just below the previous block:
PHP:
XenForo_CodeEvent::addListener('load_class_model', array('My_Listeners_Class', 'listenerCallback'));
This is fine for listeners I am aware of, but it is not suitable in cases where other addons modify a function behaviour.

Where should I have a look in order to fix this issue?

Slept on this, figured it out.

I've had a look at how code event listeners are gathered and stored within the XenForo_CodeEvent::$_listeners array. I found that its source is initialized in XenForo_Dependencies_Abstract::preloadData().

Examples of a call to this function can be found in XenForo_Cron::runAndOutput() and XenForo_CssOutput::run().
All it takes is two lines:
PHP:
$dependencies = new XenForo_Dependencies_Public();
$dependencies->preLoadData();

That's it. Adding these two lines below my code enabled my models to be correctly extended.

Disclaimer: This works, but I don't know whether this is a good way of doing things. Only XF devs may be able to answer this? If anybody has clues about possible issues with this workaround, I'm interested in hearing them.

Top Bottom