1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Issue with a addon

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by anmol dubey, Apr 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anmol dubey

anmol dubey Member

I have an add on created for adding custom fields while creating threads - the custom fields are stores and categories

but after an update the moderator edit screen has changed and is not displaying the custom fields and i dont understand the reason.

Since the developer is out for weekend i need to fix it myself.

Below is the screen of the current edit screen which dont have the store name and category. This was working perfectly before the update.

I am not a addon developer , but i tried comparing all the files of the working addon and not working one. Below are the changes

Thread.php (Controller) - Red line added in latest update

public function actionEdit()
    $response = parent::actionEdit();
    $response->params['canPromoteThreadBRDP'] = $this->_getThreadModel()->canPromoteThread($response->params['forum']);
    $response->params['tp'] = $this->getModelFromCache('DealPromotion_Model_Promotion')->getPromoteByTId($response->params['thread']['thread_id']);
    return $response;

Added below in installer.php

public function getQueryBeforeData()
    $query = array();

$query[] = "ALTER TABLE `gggg` CHANGE `promote_url` `promote_url` TEXT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci NULL DEFAULT NULL";

return $query;

Changed XML installation file :

<template title="thread_create_fields_main" version_id="1020200" version_string="1.2.2"><![CDATA[<xen:if is="{$canPromoteThreadBRDP}">

Changed to

<template title="thread_create_fields_main" version_id="1020400" version_string="1.2.4"><![CDATA[<xen:if is="{$

Out of the above three changes - what could have been the issue which caused the edit screen to change? Any help here will be highly appreciated !!

Attached Files:

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.