Issue fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhpMember

Bought my 2 licenses in 2010, when Xenforo needed it the most. So I have my two access tokens and want to consolidate my accounts, and I was told I need to supply the transaction id of purchase, obviously if I had that info I would have supplied it. Isn't having access to both accounts enough?, or purchase email?. I mean I get the security and stuff, but why would you want to force me supply info I don't have and knowing I am the owner of both accounts? why make me go through this ********? why???????? I don't this this as much, since previously I wasn't eble to access my other email, now I can. Why would I be asked to look into my bank statements, why assume I have access to a bank account from 3, almost 4 years ago?. Seriously, and also why would you make paying customers go through this ******** I mean I am not trying to get anything from you is stuff I already PAID for.

Just to clarify the previous post, I was able to get this issue fixed with Xenforo support. The issue is that Paypal did not keep track of the transactions, looked and looked, 3 , 4, 5 times, It wasn't there. The solution was to look into the email records. For whatever reason, maybe a bug or fluck or whatever it wasn't there, so if customers experienced this or in the future important to keep that in mind.

Whenever a license transfer from one account to the other is requested, we will always ask for either the Cart ID or the Paypal Transaction ID to authenticate the transfer, both items are emailed to you on purchase, and should also be in your Paypal History somewhere. This is for both your protection, and ours.

I'm glad Ashley managed to get things sorted.

You said the keyword, "should also be in your Paypal History somewhere", the issue was, it wasn't there , that is the whole point. Should be noted instead of putting customers into impossible positions, little you know I had lost all my emails and only because I had a backup (forward email), I was able to look. But I do understand that the email record is a huge advantage and a good backup in case Paypal history fails. and yes Ashley, she is a sweetheart.

Last edited:
and yes Ashley, she is a sweetheart.

he*

Also I can understand why they require this. Who's to say you didn't just buy the account off someone. By being the true owner, access to the info is pretty simple to obtain, even if your PayPal account is closed, they still keep all transactions on file for 10 years and you can request the info with a simple fax of your drivers license or passport.

Having dealt with my fair share of paypal issues. I can calibrate with @PhpMember that Paypal does not always keep the archives after X time has passed. Further if you read Paypal's Terms, they clearly note that they are not responsible if such errors happen. Sadly in instances such as this, neither can XenForo.

Would love it if XenForo offered an online alternative such as 2Checkout or anything other than paypal or bank wire transfers. Some sort of merchant type account would be nice :)

My copy of XenForo is due in October 4th... Really wondering how I'm going to renew @Ashley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom