Is XenForo in holidays?

You wouldn't have liked helping me fix the garage door yesterday then. The one time I looked at the thermometer (and didn't want to look again) it was 115°. Was glad to get in and take a cold shower.

What's that in real life? You'd be dead if it was 115°...

I was referring to if it was 115°C. Farenheight is stupid.

Although, I would probably want to be dead at that temperature.

Anyone in school in the UK before the 70's would have been taught Farenheight, and the US still uses it.

115°F = 46°c AKA "a bit warm".

Highest I've ever done was 41°c in Florida. When you get in the car the internal reader would show as 55°c. It's painfully hot. Although the heat you can deal with. It's the humidity that gets you.

Anyone in school in the UK before the 70's would have been taught Farenheight, and the US still uses it.

115°F = 46°c AKA "a bit warm".

Highest I've ever done was 41°c in Florida. When you get in the car the internal reader would show as 55°c. It's painfully hot. Although the heat you can deal with. It's the humidity that gets you.

46 degrees is a bit warm?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

46 degrees is horrible. Completely death warranting horrible.

46 degrees is a bit warm?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

46 degrees is horrible. Completely death warranting horrible.
Haha, it's not so bad when you get used to it. Especially if you dive in and out of air conditioned shops - they feel like bliss when you enter!

Thankfully it's not too hot here back in London. Apparently it's 25°C here today.

I would love to see our own games arcade along with other fun things.
Whilst we can create a forum you should make it worthwhile and put in things like creating a website around the forum. Things that we can use as a licensed customer that would be worth it.
We all have our own hosts. Some of the hosts are expensive because they want you to pay up big for your own domain name. With that being the case Xenforo should have their own or even a partnership along with an affilliate that we can use.
For example Joomla and cloudaccess.net are together and you can create a site around the forum.

I did personally enjoy seeing Kier and Mike actively talking with the community, it felt more alive, even though we know everything is alive, but I think I understand your feeling. Still, I see XF more fun and newer than any other community software. :)

I'm just waiting for an official XF Blog... patiently as possible.
Why an official one? It'd be like Wordpress coming out with their own forum soft...oh...wait a second...they did, and it was a massive failure.

As has been said before, the xenforo 'team' should really only need to focus on one product - the forums. Leave non-forum stuff to addon developers IMO. Even if it's an "authorised addon" which XenForo as a company funds. This still would allow the core product to be the primary and only focus of the dev team, whilst handing off big addons like a forum to others. The big bonus would be that because it's backed by XenForo, you know it's not going to vanish over night.

I did personally enjoy seeing Kier and Mike actively talking with the community, it felt more alive, even though we know everything is alive, but I think I understand your feeling. Still, I see XF more fun and newer than any other community software. :)
Not sure if you were around when they ran vBulletin but it was the same situation there. The devs rarely interacted with the community. It's to be expected though, developers work on the code all day. The last thing they want to do in the evening is come here and answer questions.

Never suggested they should be answering questions, just being part of the community, but that has it's pros and cons, and at the end, after everything that happened and the attitude most people had around here lately, probably they just decided they didn't need to be around everyone. Either way, whatever it was/is, it's probably best for them, yet, I still enjoyed seeing them around making some non-xf related posts.

Why an official one?
Well... lets see!!! One blog developer here promised the world ongoing... coming soon... coming soon... then took everyones money and dumped the project. The other has a maintained blog, sure... but it doesn't ooze XF. Developers get that stamp on their products, and the only one really available isn't stamped and oozing XF, but instead something between programmer preference, VB blogs and a bit of XF tossed in for good measure.

I'm pretty sure VB and IPB aren't doing too badly from their such product ranges, being blogs, gallery and such. The CMS aspects for both VB and IPB, to my knowledge, have never been greatly popular, but the blogs and gallery are two products highly purchased in conjunction with their forum software. I know I always had them as well when running their products respectively, and my users loved both gallery and blogs.

As you said... official means stability. It also means original XF design and integration, which makes it much easier to cater as an admin.

The resource manager has seemed quite popular with licensee's... blogging isn't a huge leap from XF principles or anything.

Top Bottom