Is Xenforo easy to use?

80sDude

I’ve been a user of vbulletin for a long time but was out of the forum scene for almost five years. I recently went back to vb to purchase a new version but noticed there was a lot of negativity about its newest version and many people spoke about xenforo on a positive note. My questions are is xenforo easy to use like vb was? Is there a large choice of mods to choose from? Does Xen have a cms? How about an abundance of styles to you? What makes xenforo so much different than vb? Thanks

I feel there's a lot of styles available, and the default is very customizable. I thought I'd have to buy a nice one but during my testing with the default style, I was satisfied with customizing it myself.

There's over 1,000 addons, it's on par with Invision. I think ultimately it comes down to how it fits you. Run the demo for Xenforo and see how it feels.

It changed the organization I was used to including how the templates were grouped, but I felt it wasn't difficult to adapt to.

@Bob offers a great article add on that would work as a CMS.

I’ve been a user of vbulletin for a long time but was out of the forum scene for almost five years. I recently went back to vb to purchase a new version but noticed there was a lot of negativity about its newest version and many people spoke about xenforo on a positive note. My questions are is xenforo easy to use like vb was? Is there a large choice of mods to choose from? Does Xen have a cms? How about an abundance of styles to you? What makes xenforo so much different than vb? Thanks
Six years ago I purchased the latest VB software. I had issues because it didn't work properly and tech support was not timely. Not long after, I came across Xenforo, checked it out and purchased it. Staff is helpful, other members on this forum are extremely helpful and there is a good community here.

I have two Xenforo sites. One is a corporate site for clients and staff. The other is a special interest forum.

Staff does a good job coming out with updates and upgrades. For my forum, the software works as described, there are a fair number of available add-ons.

Coming from VB, I think you'll be pleased with Xenforo.

I’ve been looking around xenforo forums on here and I noticed one thing. I haven’t seen a forum that has a full banner header. All I see are logos. Can full banners be added on the top of the forum?

It's quite simple with a few CSS adjustment. After converting from vBulletin 3, it was one of the very few things I've changed on my forum: https://www.106.nl/forum/

As for the rest of your questions. IMO XF is like VB, but easier to use, better out-of-the-box functionality (it depends on what you're looking for) and with less bugs.

I went ahead and purchased a copy of xenforo but I was a amazed at the 300 to remove the branding fee. Now I’m hoping that vb gives me a refund on my purchase. Considering I didn’t download the software hopefully they will. Thank you all for your comments.

Be aware, branding removal applies to the copyright in the footer only.

It does not apply to the logo in the header or the board title - you can change those without branding removal.

Be aware, branding removal applies to the copyright in the footer only.

It does not apply to the logo in the header or the board title - you can change those without branding removal.
Yes I figured that. Just a bit expensive. VB offers the option to pay monthly to keep it off. A good way until were able to gather the total amount to pay to take it off. Thanks though

Top Bottom