Is there some kind of affiliate code in this?

CTXMedia

Formerly CyclingTribe
http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/tools/bb32/? - destination URL
cpg=ogpla - don't know, but would guess the the gpla bit relates to the referrer as being Google Play
&source=google_pla - identifies the source as Google Play
&gclid=CLH-5OHO468CFWUaQgodYVXNAg - Google's unique click identifier

So, personally, in this case I'd say no - there isn't an affiliate link in there (unless Google is working on commission ... lol). (y)

I expect pretty much all of that "extra" in the URL relates to tracking through Google Adwords/search etc.

mrGTB

Brandon Sheley

^^ Would you be so kind as to click on this? Thanks. :X3:
http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/tools/bb32/? - destination URL
cpg=ogpla - don't know, but would guess the the gpla bit relates to the referrer as being Google Play
&source=google_pla - identifies the source as Google Play
&gclid=CLH-5OHO468CFWUaQgodYVXNAg - Google's unique click identifier

So, personally, in this case I'd say no - there isn't an affiliate link in there (unless Google is working on commission ... lol). (y)

I expect pretty much all of that "extra" in the URL relates to tracking through Google Adwords/search etc.
exactly ^

I'd say that may of been a search term from google adwords or google search, but I guess I could be wrong.
I don't think the link to the site is an affiliate links, and I know CJ doesn't work like that.
The links from the thinkgeek site may be affiliate links.

Also from what I saw before my first reply in the source is that it looks to all come from an amazon store. (at least the particular product in the OP)

jonsidneyb

Links like these are getting posted in my forum. So that people know if there is a financial interest by the posters things like this are not allowed unless it is disclosed. What I am hoping to find out if there is any money to be gained by the poster dropping these links. When I googled the item at Think Geek the link looks different.